Add image to left-hand-side of pages in theme TwentySeventeen

Hi, I’m new to all this. Apologies!

I am a musician, building a website at http://tinablaber.uk using the platform ClassicPress 1.2.0 and running ClassicPress TwentySeventeen.

I would like to be able to insert an image on the left hand side of each page. Currently this is a blank space which I guess is usually reserved for a menu.

Could someone tell me if this is possible and, if so, how to do it please?

First of all you can try using a custom CSS code as shown here.
Or if the image you want to set is the same on all pages you can set a background for the site with css as shown here

the best solution would be to create a widgetized area there and add the image via a widget, but this involves coding in PHP. (basically you have to register a new sidebar for it on the right and activate the possibility to insert widget on that).

1 Like

That theme is designed to have a blank space there. So I would make a child theme (or find one) that changes that, or switch to a theme that looks more like you prefer.
Especially if you want a different image on each page (like the featured image, which the theme should handle), don’t try to use a widget.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you. It looks like the CSS you’ve provided me with would override the main header image, which I’d like to keep. I’d like to add an additional image on the left hand side on each page (this could be the same image throughout).

I’ve tried adding an image to a widget but that doesn’t work, unfortunately and i don’t know how to edit php (only html)… :confused:

1 Like

Thank you. I don’t know how to make or find a child theme … I’ll investigate other themes, I guess. Shame because i really like the basic theme as it is :confused:

Thanks anyway :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.