Classic SEO 0.5.0 release

New Classic SEO Release

Version 0.5.0 issued today, 18th December 2019.

Whats New

Adds support for imports from All In One SEO. There are also a few minor improvements to the Yoast import.

The AIOSEO import should be considered experimental. Some attributes can’t be directly imported from AIOSEO because there’s no comparable setting in Classic SEO but all keywords should transfer correctly. Please take a full database backup before trying the import!

Download

Download from here or via the updater.

4 Likes

I just tried 0.5.0 on a test install. I found that the AIOSEO import pulled in post title and post description without a problem. It imported the AIOSEO post keywords as focus keywords which is probably the closest equivalent.
It didn’t pull in all general settings - for example, it pulled in the title format with a custom separator for categories but not for pages or posts.
It did pull in some schema data for local search.
So overall it’s definitely looking promising. Thanks very much for this release.

4 Likes

Thanks for this Zigpress. All useful info. I’ll take another look at the settings, particularly the title / separator and local stuff to see if they can be refined.

3 Likes

Hi Zigpress,

EDIT: Classic SEO 0.5.1 Classic SEO 0.5.2 (minor bug fix in 0.5.2).

I’ve made a few improvements to the AIOSEO import which I’m hoping will address some of the issues you experienced.

I don’t think we’re going to get a perfect import between Classic SEO and AIOSEO as there are too many differences, so we may have to accept some limitations. But when you get chance, I’d be grateful if you could give the latest version another try. I’d appreciate the feedback.

Download from here or via the updater.

Thanks

Tim

1 Like

Just a report, that CSEO works on WP4.9 like expected.

2 Likes

Great. Thanks Linas!

1 Like

Will do as soon as I get a chance, thanks.

2 Likes

Hi Zigpress,

I’ve released v0.5.3 today which includes a couple of minor tweaks to the AIOSEO import. This should hopefully resolve any remaining import issues.

0.5.3 also fixes the issue you raised on Github re word count.

Thanks for your help with all this!

Tim

1 Like

That’s great, thanks. I have some travel and family time coming up for the next few days but will test as soon as I can.

2 Likes