Classic SEO Beta 2 Released

It’s nice to clarify, but in general, it’s not your fault. Just some settings are not so widely discussed, so you should understand what about it is, at first, only then make a decision.

A detailed user guide how to setup would be a better solution, IMHO. With explanation what every setting means. I remember, when I configured RankMath the very first time, Media Attachments Redirect I learned only after two or three months.

1 Like

Titles.

Checked, Yes, sorry, Yoast didn’t have custom, but they have a star symbol *, what I like, CSEO - not, so I thought, the best solution would be a custom option. The best thing - it can be migrated from Yoast :slight_smile:

I think, the same with breadcrumbs would be nice.

1 Like

Yes, proper documentation will be added to officialplugins.classicpress.net when I eventually get that set up.

And I’ll add the star symbol ( * ) in the next beta release (Add the asterisk ( * ) character as a separator for titles and breadcrumbs · Issue #58 · ClassicPress/classicpress-seo · GitHub) which will probably be the last one before RC. I won’t add custom separators until after v1 as I’m trying to keep the more significant changes to a minimum now (feature freeze).

3 Likes

Hey, minor thing, really not important in the grand scheme of things but I accidentally clicked on this logo in the dashboard:

and it lead to
https://www.example.nl/wp-admin/admin.php?page=cpseo-option

When I go there this page pops up (translation: You have no rights to view this page):

Is this an old link? I am full administrator of this website, so it can’t be a role issue.

2 Likes

If you’d stop accidentally clicking on links, then these things won’t happen. :slight_smile:

OK, I hadn’t noticed that one. It does the same for me too. That will be fixed in the next beta release.

Thanks for reporting it!

EDIT - Issue #60 on GitHub

4 Likes

Totally agree. And the language… Maybe you want to see the message in Lithuanian language? I am not. :slight_smile:

Now, the serious question. What is the proper method to migrate from RankMath? When deactivate, uninstall, migrate, etc.? Yes, I am going to fire up ClassicSEO on a production website. Or five production websites.

2 Likes

To migrate to Classic SEO from Rank Math:

1. Install & activate Classic SEO
  2. Import settings from Rank Math
  3. Deactivate RM.

When you activate Classic SEO, you’ll get a “More than one SEO plugin is currently active.” message which you can ignore for now.

Go to Classic SEO Import & Export and in the Rank Math section, select the settings you want to install. Click Import.

If there are no errors (which, of course, there won’t be), you can deactivate RM. Then check your core settings and individual post settings to make sure everything has transferred across. When satisfied, delete RM.

6 Likes