Classic SEO v0.4.3 release

Release 0.4.3 issued today fixes the Rank Math import issue reported by @Dick_Metcalf

Download from here https://github.com/ClassicPress-research/classicpress-seo/releases/download/v0.4.3/classicpress-seo.zip or via GitHub Updater.

If anyone is able to test this, I’d be grateful for some feedback.

To properly test it, you’d need a fully configured copy of RM installed and, ideally, a clean install of Classic SEO. For obvious reasons, please only try this on a test site and take a full database backup first.

Thanks!

2 Likes

It worked on SOME of the imports for my test site, but others didn’t make it…

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. Could you just let me know what made it and what didn’t?

1 Like

Well, I’m not really sure… the ones that DID make it appeared to be SINGLE WORD keywords… those with multiple words didn’t appear to transition correctly.

2 Likes

Hmmm. OK I shall do some more testing. Thanks for letting me know.

1 Like

Sigh. :thinking:

When I tested this immediately before release, I had one page with a two-word keyword / keyphrase (‘hieronymus bosch’) and this worked every time along with all the single-word keywords.

I’ve just added a couple of pages with two-word keywords (‘scrambled eggs’ and ‘grapes of wrath’) and neither of these imported.

So I can confirm that this bug ain’t fixed yet.

Thanks again Dick. I’ll get working on another fix…hopefully one that does the job this time.

1 Like