This is no longer the latest release of ClassicPress!
You can find the latest release at the top of the Release Notes subforum.
We’re happy to announce ClassicPress
1.1.0. This release contains a new feature that we think the community will be happy with, as well as several months’ worth of smaller bug fixes. It is available now.
New feature since
Add a new top-level Security page to the admin screen. This is a centralized place for plugins to register their security-related settings, to make them easier to find and audit. (details, documentation)
Minor changes and fixes since
- Update the list of files to remove during installation. This ensures that no extra files are left over after migration from WordPress. (details)
- Update the jQuery version string after the security patch applied in ClassicPress
- Add ClassicPress changelog links to the dashboard’s About page. (details)
- Fix potentially overlapping notices in the Themes section of the dashboard. (details)
- Fix potential upload failures of common text file types. (details)
- Fix an issue with published post dates when using the XML-RPC API, for example with external editors. (details)
- Fix a PHP notice in the dashboard petitions widget. (details)
- Fix a “Source map” browser warning related to a TinyMCE file. (details)
- Remove unnecessary
role="navigation"attribute from pagination elements. This is an improvement to HTML5 validation. (details)
- Remove angle brackets from link in password reset email. This caused problems with some email clients. (details)
- Update links to support/documentation pages in
- Include latest emoji code from WP. It will be possible to disable this feature in ClassicPress v2, but for now we’ve needed to keep it up to date to keep our builds passing. (details)
Development improvements and fixes since
- Provide a set of contribution guidelines for the core project. (details)
- Update/improve the ClassicPress project’s readme on GitHub. (details)
- Keep build dependencies up to date. (details)
- Modernize the build scripts and the
- Add initial automated tests for
- Miscellaneous other improvements to the build and automated tests. (details 1, details 2, details 3)
Download this release
and follow the installation instructions.
|Existing WordPress sites||Download the migration plugin and follow the migration instructions.|
|Existing ClassicPress sites||Use the built-in update mechanism (more info).|
The full changelog is available on GitHub.