ClassicPress 1.4.0 Release Notes

I think the key with Enriched Editor is to make sure that, under Advanced Options, ‘Keep paragraph tags’ is checked. That keeps paragraph tags from being stripped in ‘Text’ view.

Can we assume 1.4.1 will include fixes for both the SMTP issue and the TinyMCE issue?

@raygulick Yes that is correct. That preserves the p tags.

Seems like a reasonable assumption, but the best advice I can give you right now is to downgrade back to 1.3.1 while we get the fixes sorted.

FYI, I rolled back 5 sites to 1.3.1 this afternoon, and just got an email that one of them has (again) updated to 1.4.0.

Thanks for the heads up. This must have switched back an hour and a half ago when the nightly builds ran. It is fixed now.

Also, @raygulick , are you using the same GitHub - azurecurve/azrcrv-smtp: SMTP ClassicPress Plugin plugin that is having an error or another one?

I’m using WP Mail SMTP, which is supposed to be incompatible with ClassicPress, but no issues until 1.4.0 update.

1 Like

Apparently I’m using WP Mail SMTP v.3.2.1, prior to the latest (3.3.0), which dropped support for WP below 5.1. So it still works.

1 Like

I finally got both sites working properly again. One site needed the cache purged a couple of times.

great work guys… :heartpulse:

I’ll update the sites I’m building maybe next week…

Your issue is about the site no more sending mails or with the test mail within the plugin?

Hey tram, another thing that I noticed: On themes page, we can’t click in a theme anymore to remove it. I had to use wp cli for that hehe.

But anyway, I LOVE this update. Its just awesome!

Here’s the error. This was from an attempted new user creation:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class ‘PHPMailer\PHPMailer\SMTP’ not found in /home/domains/XXXXX.org/public/wp-includes/PHPMailer/PHPMailer.php:1935 Stack trace: #0 /home/domains/XXXXX.org/public/wp-includes/PHPMailer/PHPMailer.php(2056): PHPMailer\PHPMailer\PHPMailer->getSMTPInstance() #1 /home/domains/XXXXX.org/public/wp-includes/PHPMailer/PHPMailer.php(1972): PHPMailer\PHPMailer\PHPMailer->smtpConnect(Array) #2 /home/domains/XXXXX.org/public/wp-includes/PHPMailer/PHPMailer.php(1650): PHPMailer\PHPMailer\PHPMailer->smtpSend(‘Date: Fri, 1 Ap…’, ‘New user regist…’) #3 /home/domains/XXXXX.org/public/wp-content/plugins/wp-mail-smtp/src/MailCatcher.php(111): PHPMailer\PHPMailer\PHPMailer->postSend() #4 /home/domains/XXXXX.org/public/wp-includes/pluggable.php(518): WPMailSMTP\MailCatcher->send() #5 /home/domains/XXXXX.org/public/wp-includes/pluggable.php(1912): wp_mail(Array, ‘[XXXXX’, ‘New user regist…’, Array) #6 /home/domains/XXXXX.org/public/wp-includes/user.php(2509): wp_new_user_notification(13, in /home/domains/XXXXX.org/public/wp-includes/PHPMailer/PHPMailer.php on line 1935

2 Likes

From a different site that I did not rollback, problems according to Wordfence:

• Unknown file in WordPress core: wp-includes/PHPMailer/Exception.php
  • Unknown file in WordPress core: wp-includes/PHPMailer/PHPMailer.php
  • Unknown file in WordPress core: wp-includes/PHPMailer/SMTP.php
  • Unknown file in WordPress core: wp-includes/SimplePie/Cache/Memcached.php
  • Unknown file in WordPress core: wp-includes/SimplePie/Cache/Redis.php
  • Unknown file in WordPress core: wp-includes/fonts/dashicons.woff2
1 Like

I’m also using “Enriched Editor” Version 1.1, but option "Preserve p and br tags without replacing them. " wasn’t checked. Now I’ve activated it to avoid maybe further problems.

2 Likes

This is what I’m talking about:

Seems to be a error on wp-admin/load-scripts.php

Themes are not loading on click and it is reproducible in a clean install of CP 1.4

1 Like

Please note, version 1.4.1 has been released with fixes for all 3 known issues with 1.4.0 reported above:

• editor stripping out paragraphs
  • sending emails failing with some plugins
  • Theme Details dialog not opening

More information, links etc: ClassicPress 1.4.1 Release Notes

6 Likes

If I’m remembering correctly, Wordfence declined to provide support for ClassicPress, right? This is normal, because the files it lists are present in ClassicPress 1.4.x but not in WP 4.9.x, and it is checking the site as though it were WP 4.9.x.

Might be worth writing them a support ticket anyway.

Yes, basically you have to ‘ignore’ most of the files in wp-includes and wp-admin. Their support folks won’t talk to you if you’re running CP.

1 Like