Community Meeting

The @Directors is holding a meeting this week to outline next steps and progress achieved since the release of V1 of ClassicPress. This is not a formal committee meeting so everyone is welcome to join in on the conversation.

We plan to hold the meeting sometime between 1pm EDT and 3pm EDT on Wednesday in the #committee channel.

Below we have added a poll for everyone to vote on the best time for them. I have also broken down the times into your timezone in the “spoiler” below.

Time Zones
  1. 2019-06-12T17:00:00Z
  2. 2019-06-12T18:00:00Z
  3. 2019-06-12T19:00:00Z
  • 1 pm - 2 pm EDT
  • 2 pm - 3 pm EDT
  • 3 pm - 4 pm EDT

0 voters

(poll closes at 12 noon EDT on June 12)

1 Like

How about we drop this restriction for “formal” committee meetings too? I think all it has done is make people not want to follow along with the committee meetings.

3 Likes

We technically did in one of the previous votes, but I wanted to make it clear for this meeting and then was going to mention it when everyone met :slight_smile:

3 Likes

10 posts were split to a new topic: Difficulty joining the slack

A post was merged into an existing topic: Difficulty joining the slack

No, we didn’t. We never voted on it. One person was strongly against opening up committee meetings like that, and so we punted.

1 Like

I wasn’t so much against it as not persuaded of the benefits. I still think there are better ways to engage with the wider community and that the actual Committee Meetings should still be that and only that. I still think it’s important that we do engage with the wider community, and yes, other things have got in the way and I’ve not done my part of that yet - doesn’t change my opinion.

We are, however, somewhat democratic, so if everyone else thinks it’s the right way to go I’ll ensure my objection is noted but not engage in ballistic pram-launched toy warfare.

4 Likes