Consider a breakaway from WP

I wonder if creating a whole new cms using WP as a basis is the best way to go. Update the php core, phase out anything related to WP, but the big one is the editor. The best editor I have used in a cms is the JCE Editor (an extension for Joomla) which eats WP for breakfast, lunch, and dinner (with snacks in between). Perhaps make a deal with JCE. This editor also provides an amazing media management system that also kicks the butt of WP. As for widgets, give serious consideration to being able to hide widget titles, publish widgets to select pages, a field to add a class…these are things that should have been part of widgets without third party plugins.

Read-only archive: Issues · ClassicPress/ClassicPress · GitHub

Author: Andre

Vote count: 5

Tags:

• request-add-feature
  • request-modify-feature
  • request-remove-feature
  • difficulty-hard

Comments

It’s a nice thought - I’d love a Laravel-based CMS that’s better than OctoberCMS for example - but ClassicPress has already been defined as a WordPress fork which will subequently evolve, so any movment on this petition would by definition need to be outside the ClassicPress ecosystem.

1 Like

I don’t understand this comment. Media management, at least in the way I understand that term, is not handled by the editor.

1 Like

We have no resources to move away from being a fork of WordPress. That’s why I’m setting this petition to close.

However, TinyMCE editor is being upgraded to v5. So that satisfies editor part of the petition.

Also, widget suggestions are good and deserves to be a separate petition.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.