Contact Forms v2.0.0 released

A simple contact forms plugin with an options page allowing default settings to be configured; these settings can, in most cases, be overridden when adding a contact form to a page. This plugin supports the use of multiple contact forms on a page.

Contact forms can be placed on pages using the simple-contact-form shortcode which supports the following parameters:

• id is the only mandatory parameter; a unique id for each contact form on the page must be supplied.
  • send-from-email allows the default send from email address to be overridden.
  • send-from-name allows the default send from email name to be overridden.
  • recipients is a comma separated list of email address which allows the default recipients to be overridden.
  • label-name allows the default label for the name field to be overridden.
  • label-email allows the default label for the email field to be overridden.
  • label-subject allows the default label for the subject field to be overridden.
  • label-message allows the default label for the message field to be overridden.
  • subject allows the default subject for the name field to be overridden. If an empty subject is provided, users can free form type a subject. Multiple subjects to allow picking from a drop down list can be supplied, separated with a |.
  • subject-prefix allows a subject prefix to be added to all subjects when the email is sent and override the default.

Example shortcode usage:

[simple-contact-form id="contact-us" recipients="[email protected],[email protected]" subject="Sales|Support|Accounts" subject-prefix="Contact us from example.com:"]

This plugin is multisite compatible, with options set on a per site basis.

:notebook_with_decorative_cover: Changelog

• Refactor code to improve maintainability, to use a namespace and improve security.
  • Update language template.
  • Update Update Manager to version 2.4.3.

:arrow_down: Download

Download from Github to manually install; if you already have the plugin installed, an update will be available in the admin dashboard.

:man_juggling:: Support

If you have any problems to log or features to request, contact me via the Plugin Support Forum or you can log an issue via the Github repo.

:bulb: Issues/Ideas

I’m keen to resolve any issues and happy to consider functionality requests, so please get in touch if you want to report a problem or ask for new functionality.

1 Like

Very nice but how about adding spam protection? As it is now it’s a real honey pot?

There is some built into it. I have it running a on a few sites including some with 5,500+ visits a month and have little spam getting through.

Okay – no change using something like reCaptcha?

I could do that if there is a need to enhance the protection further; I didn’t use it as I opted for some methods which shouldn’t interrupt end-users.

Have you tried the plugin and had problems?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.