CP Admin Colors Masterthread

Update: Download current official (pre-)release: Batavia

Tired of using the default WordPress admin color scheme? None of the alternatives work for you? Want a ClassicPress inspired color scheme for your admin? There is a plugin for that!

I have spend my free time today messing about to make a plugin that adds three new Admin Color Schemes inspired by ClassicPress

This will give a whole fresh look to your dashboard:

Contrast

Purple

Interested? You can download the plugin from github!
https://github.com/klein-the-donkey/cp-admin-colors/archive/master.zip

Also visit the Github page at GitHub - klein-the-donkey/cp-admin-colors: ClassicPress style admin color schemes for your ClassicPress site.

Sorry that this sounds like a sales pitch, just wanted to led everyone know this is a posibility. :sweat_smile:

13 Likes

Added to my ClassicPress-specific plugins list. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m just trying out the purple that I like a lot (I actually took that bit of code and added it my personal utility plugin).

The only thing I would tweak is the hover colour on the text links - you have mid purple on dark purple and I don’t find that gives enough contrast.

2 Likes

I agree with all that - loving the purple, but the text links need a tweak.

2 Likes

I’m using Contrast :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I released version 0.4.0 !

I took the advice of @ozfiddler and @invisnet and changed the hover effects on the links in Purple. I also added a whole new Color Scheme for all the lovers of very Bright. I am not one of them, but apperently they exist.

4 Likes

Wow, thats a lot of new releases in the same week… I agree! This will probably the last big update in a while. But I added one more very ambitious color.

ClassicPress Superdark!

I dont know if I should show the upload, or if I should let you guys surprise yourself. Let’s put it in a spoiler.

Superdark

4 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: CP admin colors Superdark

Good to see these evolving… just be careful not to subject your users to “update fatigue”. :wink: Great job on these from what I can see… go, you!

4 Likes

That is a very real problem Im aware of, haha, I am going to continue to tinker for a while now, the next few updates will only be minor patches. I got all the color schemes I planned when I started in the plugin now. Also, Ill be going to Denmark for a while, so that will mean no updates for at least three weeks haha.

3 Likes

It’s been a while since the last update and the initial burst of activity, huh? But don’t fear, the project is not at all dead. I have made some big changes to Superdark, most notible of which is that the customizer and plugin detail screens are now darkened as well!

Example pictures

5 Likes

No big anouncements, just letting everyone know that the new update is tested up to CP v1.1.0 and accounts for the new security page.

8 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: CP admin colors Batavia