Development Update: August 2019

Originally published at: https://www.classicpress.net/blog/2019/08/12/development-update-august-2019/

As we near our first birthday as an organization, ClassicPress is finalizing work on version 1.1.0 to make sure it represents the stability and quality that our users love. Read on for more details. Updated timeline Since the original announcement of version 1.1.0, we have faced some growing pains within our community and our team…

13 Likes

I’m DEFINITELY looking forward to it

5 Likes

19 posts were split to a new topic: Speed of development

I moved the discussion started by @Ciprian about the speed of development because the replies were getting far away from the specifics of the August update that this topic is about.

3 Likes

Can we get another update on version 1.1 release date please. It’s been 4 weeks now :slight_smile:

1 Like

There is a Slack meeting tomorrow: ClassicPress core development meetings in Slack - #9 by james :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Meeting in ~15 minutes in #core channel on Slack.

2 Likes

And what is the outcome of this meeting for the rest of us ??

1 Like

Hi @roald, the best way to get “up-to-the-minute” updates will always be to attend the meetings in Slack.

We used this meeting to look at what is still left to be done for 1.1.0. As a result I am setting the new release date for 1.1.0 as Thursday, September 19, 2019.

The other thing we did was release the latest security patches from WordPress as ClassicPress version 1.0.2.

7 Likes

I’d like to thank @james (aka “we”) for the 1.0.2 :slight_smile:
(My personal contribution was drinking some red wine and sending him good thoughts :slight_smile:
Seriously, thank you James for holding core meetings and all the great things you do for ClassicPress.

9 Likes

What a coincidence! I used exactly the same approach. :laughing:

7 Likes

Awesome, Tnx

4 Likes