How to make the theme (twenty seventeen) show the titles (months, date, etc…) in portuguese?

Hello, ClassicPress members!

I am new here.

Today I installed ClassicPress using the Installatron, on my godaddy hosting… well, I am enjoying this blog tool very much, but… does anyone could tell me how to make the theme (twenty seventeen) show the titles (months, date, etc…) in portuguese?

4 Likes

Hi @alexandrealmeida and welcome to the community. :slight_smile:

ClassicPress does not yet have built-in support for all languages. I believe you can use this plugin to add your preferred WordPress translation. See the installation instructions on that page.

Cheers!

4 Likes

Hi CodePotent!
I was coming back here to edit this post, because my blog in in portuguese already… all I had to do was go to → Settings to edit the date format and the language. So easy… (Thanks God!).

I think I have lots to learn, 2020 will be a cool year: me and ClassicPress (=

Thank you!

Alexandre.

6 Likes

Welcome Alexandre,
This is the right place for that! That is the great thing about this community - lots of friendly people willing to help you out.

5 Likes

Thank you, ozfiddler!

2 Likes

In case anyone else happens along this thread with a similar question: the following is the list of built-in languages (as of 12/25/2019)

• English (United States)
  • Nederlands
  • Français
  • Deutsch
  • Italiano
  • 日本語
  • Polski
  • Português do Brasil
  • Português
  • Русский
  • Español
  • Türkçe

If you need to use one of the above languages, navigate to Dashboard > Settings > Site Language and choose your preferred language.

To use a language that is not listed above, you can download and install the language pack plugin according to the instructions on the WordPress Language Packs page.

4 Likes

Bem-vindo, Alexandre!

Related: Call for volunteers to translate ClassicPress

3 Likes

Obrigado, James!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.