Logo Storage

@1stepforward new filenames are 100% correct (generally the best kind of correct).

I like @matthewcallaghan’s proposed repository structure, but it is missing the updated file naming convention, and the generated images should be based on the latest version of our logos from the previous thread. The GIMP color palette is a nice addition, and it is a good idea to use open-source, plain-text formats as much as possible.

We should remove the png and svg subdirectories and decrease the number of PNG image sizes, for now let’s go with just 600px and 1200px. I would rather see all the logo files together in all formats, and if we get more than about 15 entries in a folder then we should look at reorganizing beyond just Logos and Palettes.

So here are a few next steps…

• I have downloaded all of the latest round of .ai files, I can put them up on GitHub but it won’t be today.
  • @BlueSkyPhoenix have you looked at all the changes from the latest round of .ai files and verified the logos are still correct according to our brand guidelines, no other obvious errors etc.?
  • Once the .ai files are verified to be good, we will recognize them as the current “official” version of the logos.
  • We can then update all the .svg and .png files in a separate step. This will avoid any issues with using outdated files.

As always there is much more to be done after/alongside that, but I think that is all for the specific topic of “Logo Storage”. Other parts of this project probably deserve their own threads…

3 Likes

Okay I will leave it to you @james

2 Likes

Would we want to add .eps files too?

Then there would be 5 files per variation: .ai, .eps, .svg, -600x[w].png and -1200x[w].png.

30 files in total. :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Please do add .eps files. It’s what most of the designers I know work with.

5 Likes

I’ll download all of the .ai and take a look; I won’t be able to get to it until this evening.
I agree that .eps files are a good thing to include.

I’ll get back to you. Thanks!

2 Likes

@james and @1stepforward these all look good to me. There are two logos I have a question on:

logo-white.ai and logo-white-outlines.ai appear to be the same, essentially (short of difference in the artboard). Is that the case?

3 Likes

Yes, that’s correct. I’ve ignored the outlines file so far because of that reason.

3 Likes

Please take a look at the following PR to rename a few of the logo files, and leave your comments there:

3 Likes