New Plugin Subcategories?

To be fair, I forgot that Classic Commerce had a support category (#support:classic-commerce) and a general category (#general-discussion:classiccommerce) so we have kind of already opened that can of worms.

Anyways, maybe a “plugin support” and “general plugin” category with tags enforced would be the best solution here.

1 Like

Whoops didn’t see this.

2 Likes

Maybe just make Plugin Support a subcategory of Plugins?

I think having it under the “Support” category makes sense, since I think that is were people would go first?

But that implies that it is “official” classipress support. I think it makes sense that if people have a problem with a plugin they go to the plugin forums.

2 Likes

True, you have convinced me :slight_smile: I will set that up now.

What are your thoughts on the general category for plugins? Or, does that confuse things?

If we decide to remove it, where do we move those posts in the Classic Commerce category?

1 Like

I think general category becomes unnecessary as people can just use the top category.

There is also no general support category right? even though there are subcategories.

Also, maybe make Plugin Support blue, since blue seems to be our support color and while I mention colors, make the security page subcategory of support black, as black seems to be our security color

Technically, there is a “General Support” category. Though we try to move threads into the right category as they come in.

So, move posts in the #general-discussion:classiccommerce category to the Plugins category with a #classiccommerce tag?

I agree, I just wanted to organize everything first :slight_smile:

1 Like

That sounds reasonable to me.

1 Like

Great, all updated!

The tag is here: https://forums.classicpress.net/tags/classic-commerce

I think in general we should try to push using tags more often :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can we change the Classic SEO tag to classic-seo please?

Also, am I able to tag other existing threads or posts?

Yes, as you can change the post title.

Yes, but I’d like to be able to tag specific posts within a long thread.

1 Like

Updated: https://forums.classicpress.net/tags/classic-seo

Is there only one post?

No way to do that, tags are on the “thread” level not the “post” level. If you want a specific post to have a different tag it probably means you should split that post off into a new topic.

1 Like

Thanks Wade.

Yes, that’s what I wanted to do really. Alas, I’m not able to do that. But, as Nirvana once said, Nevermind. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

You should be able to as a Trust Level 3, I will look into it for you :slight_smile:

Nope, only TL4 can “Split and merge topics”. TL3 can “Recategorize and rename topics” though :slight_smile:

Can TL3 add tags to other people’s posts? Can’t see a way to do that and would be handy to keep things tidy and organised.

You should be able to since TL3 can “Re-categorize and rename topics”. But, I will check on my other account.

1 Like