Petitions widget on dashboard

I am helping @anon66243189 with the docs and was working on the dashboard screen page. What are the plans for the ClassicPress Petitions widget? At the moment it only seems to be getting a feed from the archived version. I may have missed any previous discussion about this.

2 Likes

There was some chat on Slack re this, I think we landed on holding off for now until we build up enough votes to be able to make the switch.

Relevant slack thread: Slack

I also created a GitHub issue to track this: Support forum petitions endpoint · Issue #28 · ClassicPress/ClassicPress-APIs · GitHub

3 Likes

OK, thanks. Good to know it’s on the table. I’ll just write something generic for now. It can be changed later. :+1:

2 Likes

Where can I vote on this. Having petitions from 1 to 3 years ago does not give a good impression to a new user.
Having dates in the news widget would also make the project seem more alive.
(Personal preference I would prefer the news links to open in a new tab)

2 Likes

We don’t have a petition for this I believe, but this Update Petitions Widget in Dashboard - #3 by anon66243189, points to Support forum petitions endpoint · Issue #28 · ClassicPress/ClassicPress-APIs · GitHub and Way forward with Petitions Dashboard. · Issue #716 · ClassicPress/ClassicPress · GitHub, thus “in progress”, I would assume.

1 Like

Happy to try get this ball rolling again, I agree having 3 year old petitions is not a good look.

This is updated to point to the petitions on the forums now. See Serve petitions data from the forums by nylen · Pull Request #33 · ClassicPress/ClassicPress-APIs · GitHub for screenshots and more information. See also Update Petitions Widget in Dashboard.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.