Plugins Confirmed Working on ClassicPress v1

Two points:

1. If a tab of noted un-working plugins would be useful, I see no issue adding and maintaining it.
  2. David Artiss did a plugin which lists installed plugins; I could fork it and do a version which returns that list in the admin panel rather than in a shortcode on post or page. This would allow people to quickly and easily get a list of plugins they’re using.
3 Likes

The Site Info plugin gives a nice list of installed plugins and their statuses, as well as a few other handy details. It’s compatible with ClassicPress. :slight_smile:

Again, thank you @azurecurve for taking this on (it is funny when we don’t have a master list everyone wants one, but now that we do everyone doesn’t want it :wink: ).

Yeah, but what are you going to do? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I suggested forking as I can output in the format I’d prefer people to paste without me having to strip anything out.

I have each of these running on one or more of six sites, and so far, I haven’t had any problems turn up. No errors during migration, and everything seems to be working smoothly.

Admin Color Schemer
Admin Color Schemes
Admin Word Count Column
Age Gate
Akismet
Classic Smilies
Cryout Serious Theme Settings (* companion to Nirvana and other themes)
Duplicate Post
Email Address encoder
GNU Terry Pratchett
Jetpack
Limit Login Attempts
List all posts by Author, nested Categories and Titles
Loginizer
Page Builder by Site Origin
Post Type Switcher
Post Types Order
Quick Toolbar
Schedule Posts Calendar
TinyMCE Advanced
Ultimate Tag Cloud Widget
WordPress Editorial Calendar
WordPress Importer
WordPress Scheduled Time by Willen.net
WP Admin Color Schemes

2 Likes

Thanks jfmayer and prysmcat (and others if I’ve missed thanking someone).

I’ve updated the list in the first post.

1 Like

Widget Options and Extended Widget Options (premium) are working on ClassicPress (although, for the premium version, the license expiration date shows… January 1970! I will notify the developer).

This has been confirmed by the developer, whom I asked before buying a Lifetime license: “ClassicPress is WordPress w/o Gutenberg so Widget Options will work perfectly even if there’s an update.”

Obviously, it remains to be seen how things will evolve with CP 2, but we are not yet there.

Moar plugins for the list:

BackupBuddy
CloudFlare Flexible SSL
Code Snippets
Disable Gutenberg
Elementor
Elementor Pro
Essential Addons for Elementor - Pro
GP Premium
Gravity Forms
Gravity Forms Zapier Add-on
iThemes Security Pro
MainWP Child
Post SMTP
Really Simple SSL
SEOPress
SEOPress PRO
Shortcodes Ultimate
Shortcodes Ultimate: Extra Shortcodes
Shortcodes Ultimate: Shortcode Creator
Simple CSS
Swift Performance
Thrive Architect
WP Stealth Site
WP-DBManager
WP-Sweep

4 Likes

Thanks both.

Updated list.

1 Like

All the plugins I’ve developed are ClassicPress tested and compatible:

ZigConnect
ZigCookie
ZigDashNote
ZigHtaccess
ZigPluginSafe
ZigTrap
ZigTweets
ZigWidgetClass

6 Likes

@anon95694377 Now…could those be the basis for starting a CP plugin repository? If they are known to work with CP, why not have these vetted by The Committee and added as the basis for the plugin repository and you could be one of the first plugin developers? What would be the downsides to doing this? Have you asked anyone on The Committee about helping get that up and functional yet?

Can I give a “shout out” to @wadestriebel or anyone else to see what they think of that?

2 Likes

Well I’m not a committee member and don’t know what the plans are for a CP plugin repo, but if one is started, I would certainly have no problem with adding my plugins to it, and developing more as and when I have the time. I’m keen for CP to succeed.

5 Likes

There is talk of a plugin repo being created (a POC on Git has been created, but I don;t think it has progressed beyond the repo itself (i.e. no code for CP). I’ve already offered to help test and submit my plugins.

I’ll only support WP until Gbug breaks my plugins them I’m out and will be CP only.

p.s. thanks for the list of your plugins; I’ve added them to the first post.

5 Likes

@voltaire, @anon95694377, and @azurecurve

I think it would be great to get them added to a plugin repo for CP! That is the next big project, getting the plugin directory up and running. Here is a link to the current repo (a little empty at the moment): GitHub - ClassicPress-research/plugin-directory: ClassicPress EXPERIMENTAL plugin: Plugin repository using GitHub for installation.

Further discussion here: ClassicPress Plugin Directory - #21 by wadestriebel

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve seen the discussion and, think, I’ve chipped in a few comments.

Just need you guys to work your magic!

I’ll do whatever I can to help (most likely with testing).

2 Likes

There you, @wadestriebel. We’ve got our first plugin developer who has said openly he wants to get involved and already has plugins to add to the repo. Why not vet the plugins and let him add them (along with premium versions so he can get a little “skin in the game” as they say)? And @azurecurve has said he’ll test 'em.

The Universe rewards action, guys! I’m the not the brilliant, experienced programmer that many of you guys are, so all I can do (so far) is offer to be the bur in the saddle and the marketing guy trying to proffer input.

What would we have to do to get the plugin repo up and running with @anon95694377 's plugins in there as a foundational start? Once that’s done, @azurecurve can add premium support levels, CP-specific ones, offer other perks or whatever.

1 Like

The plugin directory has to be built from the ground up before anyone can add any plugins to it :slight_smile:

If anyone is interested in getting involved with contributing to it you can DM me or @james to get started.

3 Likes

There are still many things to decide regarding the new repo. If it’s opened up as-is, there’s no guidance on directory structure, handling assets, etc. End users need a consistent way to navigate and search without having to understand a new navigation structure or layout for each plugin’s page…and these are just a few of the considerations. Of course, documents and documentation will also need to be drafted… I’d love it if the repo was open today, but think it needs to be approached systematically, with consideration to what does and doesn’t work at the WP repo.

5 Likes

I agree.

Would you be interested in working on that maybe with @wadestriebel or @james and then bring in azure and zigpress and maybe tommy if they’re interested. I’m more of a marketing guy, but I think that might make a start? What do you guys think?