Tags on 1.5.2

I have two sites running Classicpress and both have updated to 1.5.2. I have returned to them both today for the first time since the update.

Both of them have the same issue, namely that it is impossible to enter or change tags, or edit the slug, from the admin page. If I enter tags then the new tags do not save. If I look at an existing post then the tags I put there previously do not show.

In a similar way, I cannot edit the slug. Clicking the Edit button has no effect at all.

Expected behavior

The tag field and the slug field do not behave as they should. They either do not open, do not display known content, or do not respond to attempts to save.

Current behavior

However, previously entered tags do display at the front end. Additionally it is still possible to add and edit tags and slugs using the Quick Edit page.

Context

Neither site has anything more than minimal plugins. One site has no plugins at all installed or running. The problem is not therefore related to plugins.

Can you please check if the browser’s console reports errors?
It seems to be the same issue reported here and here, that is related to Imunify360 ModSecurity rules.

2 Likes

Yes it does report errors - not on every page but when I move (for example) from All Posts page, which shows no errors, to a post. Any post appears to show the 4 same errors:

GET https://www.example.com/wp-admin/load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=hoverIntent,common,admin-bar,heartbeat,autosave,wp-ajax-response,jquery-color,wp-lists,quicktags,jquery-query,admin-comments,sug&load[]=gest,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-sortable,postbox,jquery-ui-position,jquery-ui-menu,wp-a11y,jquery&load[]=-ui-autocomplete,tags-suggest,tags-box,underscore,word-count,post,editor-expand,thickbox,shortcode,backbone,wp-util,wp-backbone,&load[]=media-models,wp-plupload,wp-mediaelement,wp-api-request,media-views,media-editor,media-audiovideo,mce-view,imgareaselect,image-e&load[]=dit,svg-painter,wp-auth-check,editor,wplink,media-upload,wp-embed&ver=cp_d11ce89b net::ERR_ABORTED 403
post.php:1

Refused to execute script from ‘https://www.example.comt/wp-admin/load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=hoverIntent,common,admin-bar,heartbeat,autosave,wp-ajax-response,jquery-color,wp-lists,quicktags,jquery-query,admin-comments,sug&load[]=gest,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-sortable,postbox,jquery-ui-position,jquery-ui-menu,wp-a11y,jquery&load[]=-ui-autocomplete,tags-suggest,tags-box,underscore,word-count,post,editor-expand,thickbox,shortcode,backbone,wp-util,wp-backbone,&load[]=media-models,wp-plupload,wp-mediaelement,wp-api-request,media-views,media-editor,media-audiovideo,mce-view,imgareaselect,image-e&load[]=dit,svg-painter,wp-auth-check,editor,wplink,media-upload,wp-embed&ver=cp_d11ce89b’ because its MIME type (‘text/html’) is not executable, and strict MIME type checking is enabled.
notice.min.js?ver=1633018414:1

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘bindAll’)
at Object.construct (notice.min.js?ver=1633018414:1:220)
at notice.min.js?ver=1633018414:1:510
at notice.min.js?ver=1633018414:1:532
construct @ notice.min.js?ver=1633018414:1
(anonymous) @ notice.min.js?ver=1633018414:1
(anonymous) @ notice.min.js?ver=1633018414:1
add-quicktags.js?ver=2021-05-26:1

Uncaught ReferenceError: QTags is not defined
at add-quicktags.js?ver=2021-05-26:1:876
at add-quicktags.js?ver=2021-05-26:1:2060

Having read the other posts that Simone pointed me towards (many thanks!) I can confirm that I received a demand from Immunify360 to confirm that I am human, which I had never seen before but did not immediately realise that it had anything to do with my problem.

Does this need addressing by my webhosting or is it being fixed by Immunify360?

Hello, I can help you there. Please go to your web hosting, temporarily deactivate Modsec and see if the scripts are then loaded correctly again

2 Likes

Thanks, but it seems as though there is magic in the air - or someone at the server end has been working on the Imunify360 ModSecurity rules. I logged into the sites again this morning and everything is as it should be once more.

Many thanks to you and Simone for your speedy replies!

2 Likes

I my self have had and still have many issues with Imunify360 ModSecurity in cpannel causing problems with classicpress.

They should rebrand it “added layer of bugs” instead of “added layer of security”

It really dulls my classicpress experience.

This should not be an issue in v2.0 once it’s out. Work is underway, and we’re getting close.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.