Text editor vs visual editor handling of html

You might want to wait before rolling out WYSIWYG Advanced to too many sites. It doesn’t have any update capability yet…which is why it’s not yet in my directory or on my codepotent GitHub. I’m integrating the Update Manager with all my plugins and getting them pushed out in January.

You can find it here. Treat it as an RC. :slight_smile:

1 Like

OK - thanks. I’ll test it on one site.

This is a really handy feature!

2 Likes

I’m using this RC on nearly 50 sites :smiley:

3 Likes

:slight_smile: Yeah, you were super quick on the draw… of course, it’s definitely been battle-tested over the years.

1 Like

Yes, and most (all?) of the changes made to the original plugin in the past year have been about accommodating Gutenberg.

1 Like

Yeah, I had to go back a ways in the SVN branches to find the last pre-Gutenberg version. From there, it was basically a rename and re-release. I did put in quite a few hours rewriting it, but, other things took priority. It’s still on my list though (which is down to 1,364 items now!) :smiley:

2 Likes

No Christmas down-time for you then. :smile:

2 Likes

Disagree. It is a matured solution, works like a charm on all my sites.

2 Likes

True. I say RC because it’s missing update functionality… and the name will ultimately be changed to “Enriched Editor”. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Always been one of my pet hates of WordPress.

1 Like

I’ve just tried out code Potent’s plugin and it does exactly what I want. :+1: That’s going to be a standard install for me when it is released.

I might see if there’s a way to hide the text editor tab.

Edit. This does it:

function sc_editor_settings($settings) {
$settings['quicktags'] = false;
return $settings;
}

add_filter('wp_editor_settings', 'sc_editor_settings');
2 Likes

Oh, yes. That’s perfect. The page shows visual only, but there is an option in the top menu to show source code, and that shows proper html.

That’s finally caught up with Joomla now. :wink:

2 Likes

I’m aiming to have at least 10 titles under every ClassicPress hood…so I love hearing things like this! :smiley:

2 Likes

I was going to add that code snippet to hide the text editor as an option in my utility plugin. But maybe it could be added as an option in the Enriched Editor plugin itself? It’s really a very nice solution and works so much better.

I could see that… Please open an issue to avoid losing the idea. I’ve still got a handful of projects to get through before I open that one back up. :slight_smile:

Done!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.