Thanks for making 2019 a wonderful year in open source!

Just wanted to extend a huge thanks to all who have actively supported ClassicPress through these early days. Your ideas, time, energy, expertise, clicks, shares, donations, participation – these are the things that help an open source project to grow into its own. And all the great attitudes certainly haven’t hurt!

I place high value on the friendships made, conversations had, and knowledge shared around our common interests and am excited to be a part of what I see as a high point in open source history. To me, ClassicPress is the breath of fresh air that WordPress lost in its pursuit of personal desires over community interests. ClassicPress has restored my desire to publicly create for a *Press platform, to promote the project, and to be involved. It has been a pleasure to be a part of an ecosystem and community in which anyone with a positive attitude can be a valuable member. It’s my strong feeling that ClassicPress is open source done right and I’m proud to be a part of it.

Here’s to a prosperous 2020 for everyone — and long live ClassicPress!

14 Likes

Very sorry for spoiling, but I think, that the right expression should be “open source governed right”. Fictional governance by community vs. real governance by community.

And thank you for making a commitment to be one of the governors of this project.

I wish you, CP community and CP itself far more downloads and usage than you expect in 2020!

6 Likes

Nothing spoiled. When I say “open source done right,” I’m referring to everything and everyone, not merely the governance and leadership.

Thanks. The future is bright for ClassicPress. :smiley:

8 Likes

I especially like this part:

PS My reply is “done right”. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I am very happy to hear this, restoring the focus on the community (including restoring others’ desire to contribute) was one of the things I most wanted to see when getting involved with ClassicPress. And I’ll also take this opportunity to thank you for all of your many and varied contributions to ClassicPress so far!

9 Likes