Translate your plugin into Russian

A special offer for CP community members :slight_smile: If you are developing a great opensource plugin for WP/CP, I can translate it into Russian in my spare time, for free.

Even if your plugin is not localized yet, I can help you with gettexting your code files on Github and making an initial .pot file. If you are using translate.wordpress.org, this is also ok. I can ask the local manager to grant me PE rights to approve strings.

Just let me know here if you’re interested in russian-speaking audience. I’m not saying that I’ll translate everything immidiately, but 2-3 projects are welcome, since localization is one of my hobbies and translation of 200-300 strings per month costs me almost nothing :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Just plugins?
I have a theme that needs Russian:
https://translate.wordpress.org/locale/ru/default/wp-themes/twenty8teen/

2 Likes

Done, approved :slight_smile:

P.S. Here we go:

6 Likes

Wow!
Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi Ilya,

I have a number of small plugins for ClassicPress, not sure I’d define any of them as great, all of which are GPLv2 and have .pot files available (I actually set up a translate website a while ago: https://translate.azurecurve.co.uk/glotpress/projects/).

I’d appreciate any translations you’re able to do on any of the plugins (Toggle Show/Hide and Series Index are the most used). Let me know if you fancy taking on any of them and I’ll create you a user and a translation set.

Thanks,

Ian

2 Likes

Well, let’s start with Toggle Show/Hide and Series Index :slight_smile:

1 Like

Actually, I’ve done Toggle Show/Hide (from GitHub repository) :slight_smile:
But it seems there are some tiny localization issues there, so I’ve offered a quick fix by this PR on GitHub (It also contains updated .pot + translated .po & .mo files). So…

7 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Translating Plugins

Thanks, @norske.

I’ll review the changes you made and see about applying them to my other plugins where relevant.

1 Like