Unable to proceed with installation - installer errors

Expected behavior

installer should work

Current behavior

installer fails after editing db credentials and clicking ‘next’
http status code 500
environment: Webmin/Virtualmin on Ubuntu 22.x LTS, LAMP stack

mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning:  Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in /home/vhost1/public_html/wp-admin/includes/file.php on line 1599

mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning:  Undefined array key "username" in /home/vhost1/public_html/wp-admin/includes/file.php on line 1600

the errors cascade from there

Steps to reproduce

1. install Virtualmin LAMP stack
  2. create db & user
  3. run CP installer

What CP version are you trying to install and what PHP version are you using?

let’s hold up on this - i think i may have found a problem having to do with db user permissions - i’ll post back if i need further help - thanks!!!

1 Like

there was a db credential problem - solved that, now this…

PHP version 5.6 or higher, but below PHP 8 (compatibility works for PHP 8 are in progress).

PHP v7.x is EOL so i’m very hesitant to install it - advice appreciated

Please refer to this blog post for PHP 8.0 compatibility:

ClassicPress Requirements | ClassicPress Documentation

i didn’t know about the 1.5 version - thanks for the link

at this point i think i’m going to return to WP however - my main concern is plugin compatibility, availability and security - i depend on quite a few quality plugins and i can see the writing on the wall as time goes on

i do NOT like WP as a company and i do not like the direction they’re taking so i don’t anticipate i’ll be using WP long into the future, but it’s a stop-gap solution until i decide on another CMS, such as a static site generator

wish you guys the all the bst

1 Like

We’re currently looking into re-forking ClassicPress based on WordPress 6. We should have more details soon.

1 Like

that is interesting - i’ll be watching the news feed

may i ask how development will be handled going forward - is re-forking going to be a regular thing?

i’m also curious whether that option is being considered due to plugin compatibility - that’s really my biggest issue with CP i think

lastly, and i suspect your team has thought about this already, what about not forking WP and, instead, just running scripts on it to beat it into submission?

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.