Upgrading from ALPHA to BETA release?

I used the MIGRATION plugin to move my site, http://rotcodzzaj.com to the ALPHA version; on TWITTER, I just saw (and signed up for) the BETA release… will that be an UPGRADE (when it comes out), since the site is already at ALPHA?

Ooops… forgot to ask… on OTHER sites that I’m still running on 4.9.8, will I have to run the CONVERSION plugin first, THEN run the BETA/upgrade?

Hi @Dick_Metcalf, you will most likely need to upgrade from alpha to beta manually, since the alpha release did not contain working auto-updates. We’ll see if there is anything we can do about this, but that is the expectation.

As for this question, as part of the beta release we’ll update the migration plugin so that it installs the latest and greatest ClassicPress.

We do plan for the beta release to have working auto-updates.

I’ve just finished the work needed for the upcoming 1.0.0-beta1 release to have working auto-updates to future versions of ClassicPress:

I’ve also confirmed that we will not be able to provide automatic updates for the previous ClassicPress alpha1 release.

Here is our new documentation page describing how to update ClassicPress: Updating ClassicPress | ClassicPress Documentation

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.