Thanks for your additional thoughts on this. Totally agree. This is why I’m primarily interested in hearing from those who build sites for others as a business – they will have seen requirements patterns that single-site-owners wouldn’t be as privy to. Of course, this is a very, very small sample size, so, a bit of guesswork and luck will also be involved.
- ACF Pro
- Security (currently Shield)
- Centralised control (currently MainWP)
- Backups (currently UpdraftPlus)
- Forms (gradually moving sites from Caldera to Formidable)
- GDPR Compliance
- Publicize post to Social Networks/Subscribers (and newsletter)
- Caching (Redis)
- SEO (Rank Math, else sometimes Genesis or I create custom fields)
- E-mail delivery API (SparkPost, Mailgun, SendGrid, SES, etc.)
- Forms (usually Gravity Forms Elite, else Forminator if they have more basic needs)
- Utilities (Better Search Replace, Regenerate Thumbnails, Safe SVG, etc…)
Many of my Guten-free clients use some sort of page builder (or advanced editor) as well, but I didn’t include that because it varies greatly by client/site. Security is present in various forms, but that also varies greatly by setup and site.
I am fortunate that none of my clients give a damn about the GDPR. I always ask them about it, though!
I really appreciate your responses, everyone – thanks! And, just to clarify, this thread isn’t “over” … if you came late to the show, you can still add your list of needs here. And, please do!
As ClassicPress aims to be a business-focused CMS, it’s really important that we (3rd party devs) understand your business requirements. Without this, we can only go by “general business requirements” and this leaves a lot of room for interpretation…and a lot of room to miss the mark.
Thanks again for your thoughts and participation!
1- SEO - ClassicSEO is excellent
2- Cache/Redis - The super cloudflare cache does an excellent service
3- Security- Shield Security is very good
The most important thing is to keep the core as it currently stands.
A specific plugin to insert the verification of meta tags, from the various search engines, this alone is nothing more.
1- Caching (lscache when I’m on a ols/ls server, wp fastest cache otherwise)
2- Fast velocity minify/Autoptimize/others like that
3- Database optimization/cleanup (advanced database cleaner, etc)
4-File manager (I usually use Filister)
5- Fluent SMTP(sadly WP only)