Write introduction for new User Guides Section

On User Guides | ClassicPress Documentation we have only search and results.

We would need a perhaps 5 to 10 lines paragraph or so, describing what it is both for human and google.

Use ClassicPress keyword, User Guides, How To.

I’ll work on it later today.

2 Likes

Before I write this, I’m going to wait for the categorization thread to get finalized. If we’re splitting guides, that should be reflected in the description. So we don’t rewrite it multiple times.

2 Likes

Done.
We will have for now

I will remove the existing “Contributor” Guides as James is positive this should be on Git.

2 Likes

User Guides

ClassicPress is an open-source content management system, which was forked from WordPress version 4.9 to preserve classic editor and give creators more control over their websites. If you used WordPress in the past, you should feel right at home when using ClassicPress.

If you’re new to WordPress and ClassicPress, the user guides will help you learn how to use ClassicPress to create and manage business websites, blogs, ecommerce shops, and more.

If ClassicPress user guides don’t cover specific features or you have questions, don’t hesitate to ask in the support forum. The ClassicPress community is here to help.

The user guides are managed by the community. We welcome suggestions, edits, and even new guides if you’re willing to contribute your writing experience.

Developer Guides

ClassicPress is an open-source content management system, which was forked from WordPress version 4.9 to preserve classic editor and give creators more control over their websites. If you used WordPress in the past, you should feel right at home when using ClassicPress.

The developer guides provide detailed information on how to develop themes and plugins for ClassicPress. Although ClassicPress is based on WordPress, it does offer some unique features that seasoned WordPress developers should learn about. For example, security page and Composer usage.

If ClassicPress developer guides don’t cover specific features or you have questions, don’t hesitate to ask in the support forum. The ClassicPress community is here to help.

The developer guides are managed by the community. We welcome suggestions, edits, and even new guides if you’re willing to contribute your writing and development experience.

See if that works.

3 Likes

Excellent, thanks!
Published.

And I think the preview issue now is also solved with this:

2 Likes

I have just tweaked it a little as a native English speaker, but excellent!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.