WYSIWIG Advanced renaming

On another note, I think the plugin name “WYSIWYG Advanced” could be changed to simply “Advanced Editor”… since the existing (classic) editor is already basically WYSIWYG, it doesn’t seem relevant to have it in the name and not everyone (eg. new users) will understand the acronym so why make them look it up, saying Advanced Editor is enough for people to understand it will add more advanced options there.

1 Like

I think @anon71687268 has realised the name is a little unwieldy. :slightly_smiling_face:

Last I heard it was going to be changed… Enriched Editor I think was the proposal.

4 Likes

The name was originally chosen to reflect its TinyMCE Advanced roots. As I Tweeted here, the name wasn’t ideal, As @ozfiddler noted above, the name has been subsequently discussed and renamed to Enriched Editor. Much of the new version has been rewritten, but, as the WYSIWYG Advanced plugin does indeed do its job well, I consider the new version a bumpable, side-project.

Not a huge fan of this, but, I suppose it would take the related questions, requests and support off my plate.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Should WYSIWIG Advanced be bundles with core?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Should WYSIWIG Advanced be bundled with core?