ZP SEO - Activation Error

@anon95694377 I don’t normally bother with SEO, I just tried your plugin because I am starting to work on different sites where I probably should bother, and you said it was light and fast, and I read “simple”, which is my favorite keyword when I search for plugins. :slightly_smiling_face:

I tried it on three live sites, and then I realized I had access to a live dev site on a customer’s unknown host, so I tried it there.

The differences in the first 3 are the themes and plugins and CP version numbers - but the error is always the same.

This is the error at my host:
Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘)’ in …/wp-content/plugins/zp-seo/dist/class.core.php on line 402

First:
ClassicPress 1.2.0 running Mission News - child theme.
Apache 2.4.48 Server - running PHP version: 7.0.33. - MySQL version: 10.2.39-MariaDB-cll-lve
Second:
ClassicPress 1.3.0-rc1 running Envy Blog theme.
Apache 2.4.48 Server - Server running PHP version: 7.0.33. MySQL version: 10.2.39-MariaDB-cll-lve
Third:
ClassicPress 1.2.0 running Elementare PRO theme.
Apache 2.4.48 Server - Server running PHP version: 7.0.33. MySQL version: 10.2.39-MariaDB-cll-lve

Forth: dev site on unknown server - different PHP and SQL
Activated fine
ClassicPress 1.2.0 running Mission News theme.
Server running PHP version: 7.3.23. MySQL version: 5.6.49-cll-lve

So I went back to the Third site and changed the PHP version:
Upgraded PHP (tried and could not go to PHP 7.3 the dashboard disappeared???)
Parse error: syntax error . . . /wp-content/plugins/zp-seo/dist/class.core.php on line 402
ClassicPress 1.2.0 running Elementare PRO theme.
Apache 2.4.48 Server - Server running PHP version: 7.2.34. MySQL version: 10.2.39-MariaDB-cll-lve

The three CP sites that error have NO plugins in common, if that helps.

Thats all I got, I don’t know what other info I should give you
Randy

1 Like

D’oh!

Yes that’s one of those famous “comma after last parameter” issues that PHP 7.3 can handle but pre-7.3 can’t.

Not sure why you had a problem with PHP 7.3 though I strongly suspect that’s something completely different and not related to my plugin.

I’ll make a release to fix the comma as soon as I get a chance. Thanks for posting the feedback.

Meanwhile, anyone trying the plugin on PHP 7.3+ shouldn’t have issues. Ideally by this point most people are on 7.4 anyway.

ZP SEO 0.8.5 is now available. It fixes the above error and contains a few other improvements that I had been meaning to release.

1 Like

Yeah, I wonder too why I couldn’t go beyond PHP 7.2, it must be my host I guess.

I hope to have time this evening to give the new version a try. I will let you know.

1 Like
  • Activated on ClassicPress 1.2.0 running PHP version: 7.0.33 and enabled SEO on a CPT.
  • Activated on ClassicPress 1.2.0 running PHP version: 7.2.34. and changed XML sitemap settings
  • Activated on ClassicPress 1.3.0-rc1 running PHP version: 7.0.33 enabled SEO on a CPT and it’s 3 custom taxonimies. and editted the SEO description of the CPT.

Looks Good!

2 Likes

Great, many thanks for the follow-up tests.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.