Another Host Providing ClassicPress

I’ve recently switched from IONOS (non CP provider, which I have nothing polite to say about) to BaptistHost. BaptistHost offers ClassicPress via Softaculous. It’s been a great switch for me, thus far. I’m just impatiently waiting for my domain to transfer. I started that process this past Thursday.

7 Likes

Ha, I’m not the only one out there!
For me IONOS were a total let down and now my domain classicdesigner.co.uk is stuck in limbo trying to transfer it out. I hope yours doesn’t take as long as mine has.

1 Like

When did you start your transfer process? IONOS has thoroughly ticked me off. Their tech support is wretched! I’ve been hung up on by them when in the middle of a call. They refused to transfer me to the US when I knew the support team here was still in the office.

Ha, 1&1, my experience with them was bad AF. I helped a friend of mine get her website up and running, and at that time we were using those idiot.

She contacted me about some issues which I in turn contacted them, I was unable to solve the problem in fact, I couldn’t get to chat with their customer support agent, so, I had to call.

After going to and fro for that specific issue, I wanted to migrate the domain, to cut the story short, I wasn’t able to migrate (I was billed heavily).

I told my friend and we instead switched to using .net from another registrar.

I wish you good luck in your migration.

1 Like

Fortunately, my name servers are pointed to BaptistHost, so all I’m stuck with now is hurry up and wait for the domain transfer. One of the sales reps in the US issued me a credit for February since IONOS doesn’t offer CP and tech support refused to help me install it. :grin:

Here’s praying that it will be done by the end of next week. :pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2:

2 Likes

Are you still waiting for IONOS to transfer your domain out? I’m super aggravated with them!

Yeap, still waiting a month and half since I decided to move away from them. Getting through to support is like trying to drain the ocean with a bucket :upside_down_face:

I’ve almost given up on getting any help from them so just getting on with my other projects for now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh my! Fortunately, I do have a contact in the U.S. and her direct email. I’ll also be calling tomorrow. That’s a load of garbage that you’ve waited a month and a half. Truthfully, that’s a bit infuriating.

Great analogy, and I agree 110%! :wink:

You know you don’t have to transfer the domain to get a new host, right? Just change the name servers to point to your new host.

Yes I’m well aware of that :slight_smile:

But given their customer service or the lack of, I don’t want them handling my domain registration let alone have anything to do with the DNS controls!

3 Likes

Zulfgani:

I just got off the phone with my contact at IONOS in Philadelphia. I mentioned your issue in passing; she said she’s willing to help you out if you like. I had to call her about my domain. Let me know and I’ll get her contact info to you. :smiling_face:

3 Likes

Awesome, the offer is very appreciated and will gladly take it up with a :slight_smile:

3 Likes