Automatic Upgrade migration plugin from version 1.7.4 to 2.0?

Site: Updating ClassicPress | ClassicPress Documentation

ClassicPress automatic upgrades are guaranteed not to contain breaking changes by our versioning policy, and ClassicPress will never upgrade between major versions that may contain breaking changes (e.g. 1.1.0 to 2.0.0).

Does the developer team intend to built a migration plugin from version 1.7.4 to 2.x (2.0.0), what allows an automatic upgrade?

Best regards
B. Schülke

1 Like

Yes, it’s been built. Just upload the latest version of the Switch to ClassicPress plugin, and it should walk you through the process: https://github.com/ClassicPress/ClassicPress-Migration-Plugin/releases/download/1.5.0/switch-to-classicpress.zip

1 Like

And, by the way, welcome to the ClassicPress forums!

Thanks a lot for your answer.

I have to correct myself: My current version of classic press is 1.7.3 (no 1.7.4) with php 8.2.

The upload didn’t show any result: I can’t upgrade from version 1.7.3 to 2.0 - using your plugin (switch-to-classicpress).

What did i do wrong?

First, you need the latest version of the Switch to ClassicPress plugin, which is what I linked to. If you have that, then open it via Tools → Switch to ClassicPress, and hit the button that says: “Show Advanced Version Control”. Then you should see another button that says: “Please select an Option”. You should now see ClassicPress v2 as an option. Select that and the update should start.

1 Like

The Switch To ClassicPress menu item shows up under Tools.
Click that entry and you should get a page similar to this:

From here you would click on “Show Advanced Version Control”
Then you will see a page much like shown below and you would select
“ClassicPress v2.0.0”
then click
“Perform the Custom Migration now!”
Your site should now upgrade to v2.

2 Likes

:sun_with_face: It works, fine!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.