Best Security for CP

What is the best security for CP?
Bulletproof Security 7 or Shield Security Pro?
Which is the easiest to use?

1 Like

I have a very good experience with Cerber Security. But be careful, some features are very ruthless, you can be thrown out of your site too. My recommendation is to whitelist your IP address just after activation.

“Easiest to use” is not the best description of a security application.

1 Like

I have been using Shield Security Pro on my CP websites, and I have encountered no issue.
As Linas Simonis remarked, no security application is very easy to use, since it should be configurable for your needs. But Shield Security Pro support is helpful. I vaguely remember to have recently read that they are even willing to help new paid customers with initial configuration, but you should check that with them.
And until now, Shield Security Pro has proved supportive of CP websites.

3 Likes

You scares me. At the moment I am still with WordFence via Wordpress.org. I am considering to move my one Blog to CP. Until now I have no problems with WordFence. But they do not cover CP. I am a non-techy computer guy. That means I have to stay away from Cerber. Thank you

@jfmayer: As you said “no security app is very easy to use”. That is why I prefer to sign up with the paid version of Wordfence too. The support is great. It seems that Shield Security Pro has more support via CP. I have not heard about Bulletproof Security.
Thank you

1 Like

I’ve been using the pro version of Bulletproof Security (reasonable one off price for unlimited sites) with no issues on several CP sites. It takes a while to explore all its features but support forum is good.

1 Like