[BETA] Fork of Elementor with ClassicPress support

Most of the heavy lifting is done by the core Elementor plugin with Elementor Pro feeding of it.

We maybe able to adopt some (if not most) of the new functionalities (post Elementor v2.8.0) into Classic Elements in order to keep it compatible with the Pro version - worth pursuing seeing that some wouldn’t mind investing in the Pro version as long as it works with Classic Elements? Will take some doing though!

Maintaining Pro compatibility as much as possible could be a nice way of giving back a little to the Elementor team for all of their hard work :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yes, I like this too. It fits nicely with the Classic Commerce naming approach.

3 Likes

Just a concern about too close sounding to Elementor, could be a legal issue with the registered brandname.

2 Likes

Elements is a commonly used word so I don’t see how it could be an issue, especially since the full name is “Classic Elements”. And I guess Classic Commerce is also just as close to WooCommerce.

But probably wise to ask @timkaye for an opinion.

2 Likes

I don’t see any problem with the name “Classic Elements”.

If the name is not identical, the legal question is always whether the new name is likely to mislead or cause confusion among potential consumers, who then think it’s the same product as the original. I don’t see how that could be true here.

6 Likes

Great!

I have tried v2.9.2 and 2.9.3 on ClassicPress also.

Fantastic it looks like we will run it in production soon, too.

1 Like

Nice thoughts!

1 Like

Love this sentiment.

3 Likes

Yes!!

2 Likes