Blubrry 11.0.6 throwing fatal error

Hello

I just discovered that the latest version of the Blubrry podcasting plugin (11.0.6) was failing fatally with this error:

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function register_block_type() in /home/jeremygrav/eatthispodcast.com/wp-content/plugins/powerpress/powerpress.php:2088

I expect I foolishly upgraded without checking compatibility, and have fixed the problem by reverting to a backup of version 9.10.

I do not know enough to understand whether it would be possible to modify the Blubrry plugin so that it does not attempt to call register_block_type.

My question is, would anyone consider doing that, or is there a CP plugin that will insert an audio player in the same way?

Also, is there a way to mark plugins that should not be updated, either visually on the admin screen or somehow programatically?

Thanks

Jeremy

We have introduced blocks compatibility in v2. It includes this function:

You could try to create a custom function like the one in v2 to polyfill it.

On the other hand, what type of audio player do you need?

CP has a built-in audio player with a shortcode.

Thanks

I have been using the plugin because it makes it easy to offer an RSS feed for podcast epsiodes and also collects some statistics. I have more than 300 episodes and no desire to edit each of them to make a player available, although if I absolutely had to, I would.

I will wait for CPv2 to be ready for use in production.

Thanks again.

v2.0 is rather stable at this point. I’m using it on 2 production websites without issues, and I know a few others do, too. If you want to try it, you shouldn’t have any problems. The only thing that may come up is plugins/theme compatibility. But that will also come up when v2.0 is production-ready.

1 Like

Good points. And I could always revert if I had to.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.