Caching plugin for CDN?

Hi,
We just launched our CDN service for clients (using StackPath). Its under the services tab of our site.

For WordPress sites we use the CDN option in WP SuperCache, as it provides an easy connection.

What is the recommended caching plugin for ClassicPress? And does it have a CDN option?

Thanx!
Cheers
Avrom

1 Like

I am currently using W3 total Cache with no issue, and yes, it does support CDN.

The required WordPress version according to the plugin is 3.2, so you should be fine, I am not sure if it’s recommended but it’s fine on my end, so enjoy!

1 Like

I’ve used WP Fastest Cache with ClassicPress on a few sites without any issues. It supports CDNs and some people (myself included) find it easier to configure than W3TC, because it has fewer customisation options.

4 Likes

10 posts were split to a new topic: When does caching become necessary?

+1 for WP Fastest Cache. I’ve found that it gives better results than W3TC and WPSC.

2 Likes

Perfect,
@anon95694377 @1stepforward I’ll look at WP Fastest Cache for the CDN option. Is it a long term option in supporting WP4.9 with CP?

We’ve seen numerous clients run into problems with W3TC cache, in multiple hosting environments, so we generally avoid it.

Any plugin developers in the group want to specifically write a plugin to hook CDN to ClassicPress, I’ll help fund it (within reason). That would be great for me as we already have the CDN in place.

Thanx guys!!

Cheers
Avrom

I’m not sure about longer term but I saw this post on the WP forums Database Syntax Error | WordPress.org and the developer didn’t seem to have any problems helping out with a CP-related question.

I don’t think the developer has been approached (yet) but I can confirm the latest version (0.9.0.1) works fine on CP 1.1.2.

3 Likes

Personally I don’t have enough time available but anyone interested could do worse than look at the source code for the Shift8CDN plugin. That would illustrate the necessary hooks etc.

WP LiteSpeed Cache Plugin

QUIC.cloud

The First and Only Complete WordPress Caching CDN. (By LiteSpeed Technologies, Inc.)

cPanel WHM LiteSpeed Plugin

3 Likes

+1 for Litespeed. Suggested it on the thread that got broken off from this one.

2 Likes

@1stepforward and @anon95694377. Just installed and setup WP Fastest Cache. Very good!

With WP Super Cache our web242.com home page was taking 1.2 seconds. But WP Fastest Cache reduced that to 0.2 seconds. And that is with PHP.

!-- WP Fastest Cache file was created in 0.28412103652954 seconds, on 06-01-20 22:07:56 –

The difference I believe is WP Fastest Cache minifies CSS and JS, whereas WP Super Cache does not.

Thank you so much for the recommendation!
Cheers
Avrom

2 Likes

@timkaye Interesting with LiteSpeed as it’s industry standard. Good news!

1 Like