Can the "solutions" plugin be implemented across the board?

I was wondering if the Solutions plugin can be easily implemented across all forums? Or, maybe there’s a reason it’s only implemented in a few forums?

I’ve seen solutions by many members going unmarked due to inability. Take a recent post in General, for example – this reply precisely answers the question posed (the user got the badge), but, it can’t be marked as a solution.

Having replies marked as solutions when applicable helps to bolster member expertise and could possibly promote even more activity on the forums as more members work toward building their ClassicPress community reputations. And, having solutions marked also helps new users when they find a relevant thread, but, they’re not sure which of the (often tens of) replies are discussion and debate, and which are the actual answers.

5 Likes

I have turned it on in the General Forum :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I see you already marked the solution, too. :speedboat:

1 Like

That’s one forum. :slight_smile: My original question was wondering if it could be installed across the board or if there was a reason it couldn’t be. This functionality should also be extended to many more forums including Plugins, Themes, Coding… etc. Basically, everywhere that a solution can be posted, which is most forums.

2 Likes

I have hesitated to do that until I see what everyone thinks about the General, and because I am not sure we can turn them off once turned on.

One issue I have, and it may just be as an admin, is the mobile button to mark a solution is way too easy to click by accident.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Agree about the mobile button to mark a solution being way too easy to click by accident (and not very well designed generally, it breaks up the flow of the page).

Another drawback of enabling this plugin on non-support forums:

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

This automatic closing feature is a global setting (can’t be controlled per forum), but I think this should only happen in the support section.

2 Likes

Forgive my ignorance, but if you should happen to accidentally push the button to mark a solution, can you not push it again to undo it - just like you can undo a like on a post?

Also, who is able to mark a post as “the solution”? Is it just the original poster or a free-for-all? And is there no “this solved it for me too” type feature?

1 Like

Tried on my post… it let me undo the mark.
As I can see only topic owner and staff can mark a solution.

2 Likes

That’s good to know.

That would make sense. And I suppose “this solved it for me too” would be indicated by the number of post likes. It’s not a feature of the forums that I’ve used before so I was just curious as to how it worked.

Thanks @Simone

2 Likes