I’m pleased to announce that Classic Commerce 1.0.0-beta.1 release is now available. This was a huge undertaking, involving 240 commits on top of the previous alpha.3 version. Most importantly, the security fixes from later versions of WooCommerce have now been backported in. A big shout-out to @james, @1stepforward and @omukiguy for all their hard work. If you already have alpha installed the new version should be automatically available from your dashboard in the usual way. Download links are below.
Changes in this version are:
- Backport security fixes from WC 3.8.0 and below (#218, #219, #220, #221, #222, #225, #228, #229, #230)
- Improved automated testing on GitHub (#174)
- Coding standards improvements (#174)
- Added user agent (#202)
- Various CSS tweaks
- Various spacing and capitalization tweaks
- Rename logo and icon image files as per CP naming standard (#210)
- Updates to CodePotent Update Manager (#215)
- Comb out remnant css after Install wizard + Jetpack + woo services removal (#204)
- Improved compatibility with PHP 7.4, ready for upcoming ClassicPress 1.2.0 (#225)
- Changed composer.json “type” back to “wordpress-plugin” for greater compatibility (#239, #240)
TESTERS NEEDED: As usual, we would ask for people to help us by testing this out. We especially need people who are using extensions and plugins to try out Classic Commerce (and the CC Compatibility Plugin) and check whether those extensions and plugins are still working normally. This is a very important aspect of making this a viable project.
If you are currently using a WooCommerce site with some third party extensions, could you please clone this to a suitable test area, install Classic Commerce and the CC Compatibility Plugin, then check it over to see if there are any problems. If you need more help with setting this up on localhost, or if you require some temporary server space online, just ask here and we can help with the arrangements.
Classic Commerce repository: https://github.com/ClassicPress-research/classic-commerce
Classic Commerce beta.1 download: https://github.com/ClassicPress-research/classic-commerce/releases/download/1.0.0-beta1/classic-commerce.zip
CC Compatibility for Woo Addons download: https://github.com/Classic-Commerce/cc-compat-woo/releases/download/v9999.0/woocommerce.zip