Classic Press connected to GoDaddy, but page does not load

I feel like a complete dork. I did look through the topics, so if I missed it, please point me in the right direction.

When I go to resumediypro I get the message that the IP address cannot be found, so I’m missing a connection somewhere.

Running Classic Press (new to me) on c-Panel (it’s been about 10-years). When I look to create my site I cannot figure it out. I’ve been immersed in WordPress’ admin.

Discussions seem to include GitHub, but I don’t think I actually need that. Some posts mention FileZilla, which I use regularly, but usually from the site to me and back for small corrections, not vice-versa.

I know just enough about coding to drive myself crazy. I usually take what already exists and figure out how to maximize its use.

I really hope I’m making sense and somebody can point me in the right direction.

Thank you for your time!
Sarah

It looks like the domain just hasn’t propagated (ie, made itself known) across the net yet; run your domain name through the DNS checker and you’ll see a bunch of red exes. Once the domain propagates, you’ll see a bunch of green checkmarks instead of the red exes. No idea how long that will take for you; it could be anywhere from 5 minutes to 3 days.

The CP and WP admins are virtually identical; and the process for installing is basically the same. If you’ve already installed CP, then you’ll just have to wait a bit until the domain propagates across the net.

Oh,… and welcome to ClassicPress. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks so much, I think I added the TXT file to the DNS, so we’ll see if that worked. I figured that out based on an email I received from GoDaddy. Then I will use the DNS checker and see what’s up with that.

Thanks so much for your assurance and welcome!

Sarah

3 Likes