Classic SEO 2.0.1 Error

Hello,

I am happy to see a new version of Classic SEO.
Removing the Google search console is the right decision. It did not work on my site and was disabled.

As you warned, the new version is a problem for me.
I demonstrate the problem with the new version with the following screenshot.

Best regards,
Коко :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for reporting this @KokoFresha and apologies for the problem it’s causing you.

This is in fact an issue with your server PHP settings. As it says in the error message, allow_url_fopen is set to 0 (disabled) when it needs to be set to 1 (enabled).

To enable this, you need to add the following line to php.ini:

allow_url_fopen=1

However, some hosting companies disable this by default as it can (I emphasise can) be a security risk in certain situations.

If you haven’t got access to PHP settings yourself, you might need to ask your hosting company to enable it for you.

If you are unable to get this setting enabled, please let me know and I’ll issue a workaround straight away.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks.

1 Like

Thank you for your help @1stepforward.

This setting was part of the solution.
In my specific case, I also had to deactivate the check for empty user agent in .htaccess.
If possible, it is a good idea to have a user agent specified on request.
I guess some users use the user agent to partially limit bad bots. This is a must for limited hosting plans.

Regarding version 2.0.1, everything is working fine at the moment.
Thanks again for your efforts to develop this plugin! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for reporting back @KokoFresha and glad you got it sorted.

Out of interest, what did you have to change in .htacess? You can DM me if you’d prefer. It might just be useful for future troubleshooting.

Thanks again.

1 Like

@1stepforward,

In .htaccess I have a rule restricting certain bots (status 403) and requests with an empty user agent. I had to remove the empty user agent rule. Before I did this, the code that used to cause problems led to error 403.
Here’s what it looks like through the control panel:

1 Like

OK thanks for the additional info. I’ll investigate that further. :+1:t2:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.