Classic SEO Feedback

It’s now 7 weeks since the first public (alpha) release of Classic SEO. So far, nothing major has broken - at least that I know of. There have been one or two bugs (which is to be expected) but in general, it does seem quite stable.

I’m now starting to think about stepping things up a notch and I’m aiming to release a beta version early in January but I really need the help of the community to do this. In particular, it would be very useful to know just how many people are using it continually either on a test site or a live site. I’d also welcome any feedback.

I’ve created some quick polls to help.

I am trying to determine the number of people currently using or testing Classic SEO. Regarding the current 0.4.4 alpha release:
(Note, if you are using it on both a test site and a live site, just select the LIVE option)

• I am currently using it on a TEST ClassicPress site
  • I am currently using it on a LIVE ClassicPress site

0 voters

For those that are using it on a test site, would you consider using it on a live site?

• I haven’t used it for long enough
  • No, it’s not ready
  • No, there are features missing
  • Yes, I would consider it

0 voters

For those that have not yet used it, could you please indicate your main reason for not doing so:

• Not interested
  • Don’t have the time
  • Don’t have the technical know-how
  • Don’t need an SEO plugin
  • Happy with my existing SEO plugin
  • Other

0 voters

For anybody, what is currently or what was previously your go-to SEO plugin?

• Yoast
  • Rank Math
  • All In One SEO
  • SEOPress
  • The SEO Framework
  • Squirrly SEO
  • None
  • Other

0 voters

If you have any comments or questions, please post a message below.

I’d greatly appreciate all feedback.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Sorry I can’t be more helpful Tim. I tried Yoast briefly on a few sites many years ago but decided not to worry that much about SEO. I did install your plugin on a few test sites and it looked fine as far as I could see, but I wouldn’t know how to give it a thorough workout.

3 Likes

I’m using it on both a LIVE site and a TEST site… it works very well, other than those couple of minor bugs… the main bug was that it didn’t pull all my comments across when I imported from RankMath, but fortunately I only had a few. I would MOST STRONGLY recommend your plugin!!!

6 Likes

Thanks very much Dick. That’s great to hear! Much appreciated.

2 Likes

I’ve always been a die-hard All In One SEO user, but now I find I need to apply SEO meta to category and taxonomy pages. I know Yoast does it, but (a) they often make releases that break sites and (b) Yoast is no longer viable for ClassicPress sites, so I tried Classic SEO and was delighted to find everything I needed. Keep up the good work.

4 Likes

Excellent! Thanks Zigpress.

1 Like

Honestly, I am currently using The Seo Framework on my main website, but as soon as my dev blog is live (in a day or 2), this is what I would be using because why not.

This is created for Classicpress by a great CP supporter. :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks very much @Devrealm_Guy :slightly_smiling_face: You might like to know that I’m currently working on an importer for The SEO Framework. It should be available early next week.

3 Likes

I changed to ClassicSEO. I can share the following:

1. I like ClassicSEO more than SEOPress. SEOPress was a temporary solution for me, but the bugs in its code for the last year were not small.
  2. Yoast did not give me any advantages over my site compared to SEOPress. I think it’s just a more widespread and more advertised, but not irreplaceable plugin.
  3. You make a big contribution to ClassicPress with ClassicSEO. Without this plugin, ClassicPress will not succeed.
  4. I think the translation template (pot-file) needs to be checked. Not all messages can be translated (although translated, they still appear in English).
    Congratulations on your work and thank you!

Koko :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks very much for the feedback @KokoFresha.

1. SEOPress was one of the plugins I considered using as a base for Classic SEO but I didn’t like the code so didn’t take it any further.
  2. I would definitely agree with your statement re Yoast, as I think most people would around here.
  3. It’s true that an SEO plugin is considered a must-have for many people but in the grand scheme of things, it’s only a small part of what goes on in ClassicPress. I believe ClassicPress will be successful no matter what. But I appreciate the sentiment. :slightly_smiling_face:
  4. I agree translation does need looking at and it is on my list. It will be addressed before the first proper release (i.e. version 1.0).

Thanks again! :+1:

6 Likes

@1stepforward How’s the progress with The SEO Framework, not rushing you, just a reminder that some of your users are waiting for an importer :wink:

3 Likes

Yes, sorry for the delay. I’ve been busy with the day job and Classic Commerce amongst several other things but I have been working on the importer and it’s nearly there now - at least for testing. I’ll try and get it sorted later today (GMT) or tomorrow morning.

6 Likes

It’s going to be tomorrow at the earliest now I’m afraid. I’ve been held up with other things.

All good things come to those who wait… :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

@1stepforward please take your time, you are doing this for free and honestly, I respect your diligence, and the way you approach things, kudos.

You nailed it!

6 Likes

Thanks for sharing your experience! It’s great to hear that Classic SEO is meeting your needs for applying SEO meta to category and taxonomy pages, especially with the limitations you’ve encountered with other plugins like Yoast. that Classic SEO Service is working well for your ClassicPress site. Keep up the good work!