ClassicPress 1.5.0-rc1 Release Notes

We’re happy to announce the release of ClassicPress 1.5.0-rc1.

We’re happy to announce a public release candidate for ClassicPress 1.5.0-rc1. This release contains the fixes and enhancements listed below.

• PHP 8.0 compatibility :tada:
  • Added support for image lazy loading
  • Introduced cp_attributes() for theme usage
  • Filter plugins that declare ClassicPress compatibility by default
  • Add support for Update URI plugin header
  • Theme editor now handles modern CSS without reporting errors
  • Fresh installs will default to Comments and Avatars disabled
  • Deprecate single_month_title()
  • Fixed bug in password reset email links affecting some email clients
  • Remove type attribute from css and JavaScript for HTML5 compliance
  • Updated PHPMailer
  • Updated ID3
  • Updated random_compat
  • Updated SimplePie
  • Many other minor updates, bug fixes and upgrades to development dependencies

We encourage you to try out this release candidate by pasting the zipfile URL into the “Advanced” section of the migration plugin, and letting us know if you see any issues. See instructions and links below, under the “Download this releaseExisting ClassicPress sites” section.

For new features in 1.4.4 and older releases of ClassicPress, please see the version 1.4.4 release notes.

Download this release

| New sites | Download
[ClassicPress-release-1.5.0-rc1.zip]
(https://github.com/ClassicPress/ClassicPress-release/archive/1.5.0-rc1.zip)
and follow the installation instructions.
|–|–|
| Existing WordPress sites | Download the migration plugin and follow the migration instructions.
| Existing ClassicPress sites | Use the “Advanced” section of the migration plugin to switch to the release build (same link as for “New sites” above). This version will be available using the built-in update mechanism when it is released as 1.5.0 final. |

Full changelog

The full changelog is available on GitHub.

1 Like

Testing on localhost, looks good so far!

1 Like

Running on 3 production sites so far without any notice.

I’ve been using ClassicPress on PHP8.0.13 on my localhost site for months without issues. Same for Classic Commerce. I browse and muck around with plugins several times a week for hours on end on it.
Out of curiosity I just enabled PHP8.1.0 on my test site and it still works, no errors, notices or anything in the log.

Am I missing something? Or what did you fix/make compatible?

You can see all the changes in the release at 1.5.0-rc1 Milestone · GitHub
There are a few PRs with most of the PHP 8 changes, but there are a few scattered around.