We’re happy to announce the release of ClassicPress
We’re happy to announce a public release candidate for ClassicPress
1.5.0-rc2. This release contains the fixes and enhancements listed below.
- PHP 8.0 compatibility
- Added support for image lazy loading
cp_attributes()for theme usage
- Filter plugins that declare ClassicPress compatibility by default
- Add support for
Update URIplugin header
- Theme editor now handles modern CSS without reporting errors
- Fresh installs will default to Comments and Avatars disabled
- Fixed bug in password reset email links affecting some email clients
- Updated PHPMailer
- Updated ID3
- Updated random_compat
- Updated SimplePie
- Many other minor updates, bug fixes and upgrades to development dependencies
- Fix a notice in the Theme screen
We encourage you to try out this release candidate by pasting the zipfile URL into the “Advanced” section of the migration plugin, and letting us know if you see any issues. See instructions and links below, under the “Download this release → Existing ClassicPress sites” section.
For new features in
1.4.4 and older releases of ClassicPress, please see the version
1.4.4 release notes .
and follow the installation instructions .
|Existing WordPress sites||Download the migration plugin and follow the migration instructions.|
|Existing ClassicPress sites||Use the “Advanced” section of the migration plugin to switch to the release build (same link as for “New sites” above). This version will be available using the built-in update mechanism when it is released as
The full changelog is available on GitHub .