This is no longer the latest release of ClassicPress!
You can find the latest release at the top of the Release Notes subforum.
We’re happy to announce the release of ClassicPress
This release is a maintenance release.
- New Dashboard widget raising awareness of ClassicPress 2.0.0 development
- Deprecation Notice: the minimum supported version of PHP will be 7.4 in ClassicPress 2.0.0
- Security Page will be hidden by default unless it is used
- The Petitions widget has been retired and removed
- Backports of upstream enhancements
– Add support for Enums in
– Disable auto-correct when bulk editing slugs
– Prevent excessive trimming of names in email “From” headers
– Correct the check for non-existing post in
In no particular order the following people have contributed to this ClassicPress release
If your ClassicPress site has automatic updates enabled (the default configuration), then the new version will be installed automatically. Otherwise, we recommend upgrading your site(s) to
1.6.0 to receive all latest fixes and updates.
and follow the installation instructions.
|Existing WordPress sites||Download the migration plugin and follow the migration instructions.|
|Existing ClassicPress sites||Use the built-in update mechanism (more info).|
The full changelog is available on GitHub.