ClassicPress Docker Image

I have a personal life and a small toddler to take care, so OSS projects are now at the bottom of the priorities in my life right now :slight_smile: This is why I wrote that I would gladly transfer ownership if asked. But never mind, no point to discuss it further.

Ofc you will do whatever you intend, but in my humble opinion, aiming to deliver 4 (php 7.4, 8.0, 8.1, 8.2) * 3 (Apache, Nginx, LiteSpeed) = 12 different Docker images AND maintaining them will very quickly backfire at you. In theory, the idea is great, but from my private and corporate experience, it’s way too much for a small open-source software community. Each server differently handles HTTP headers, each server has different security plugins. I would highly advise focusing only on delivering one php version on one HTTP server. And if you think about it, who cares what HTTP server is inside? The amount of work you will put into it and the number of users that will eg mount their own config file for Nginx will be totally not profitable.

1 Like

I agree with this, as a relatively ‘newbie’ user, I just want the setup to be hardened and secure. I also want HTACCESS to be accessible because there are so many HTACCESS snippets available on the web for things like wp redirects. Other than that, I’m not too concerned what php version and server engine is being used. Apache + php7.4 works just fine for me.

I got 2 and 3rd one is on the way. I know how it is :wink:

If you want to transfer it under ClassicPress org on GitHub, we’ll gladly accept it. You can continue to have maintainer access to contribute as time permits.

Thanks for the feedback. It’s a long-term plan as time and resources permit. So if anything new is added, it will be slow, one at a time. And I think we’ll drop 7.4 support and focus on 8.0 for CP 1.5 and 8.1 starting with CP 2.0. We’ll see how it goes.