ClassicPress "SEO basics" research plugin

Splitting off from Don't upgrade Rankmathseo - #48 by 1stepforward :

1 Like

Start with a fork.

2 Likes

@1stepforward I’m very happy to hear this!

1 Like

Hooray!

One big request: can your plugin please recognize Advanced Custom Fields text, textarea and wysiwyg fields in its SEO assessment of a page or post?

1 Like

Yes, that’s the plan.

Me too…I think :grin:

To start with, the functionality is likely to be quite basic and the ultimate aim is to keep the plugin bloat-free but all requests will be considered. I will in due course be seeking views from the community about which features are considered essential for version 1.

3 Likes

Regarding ACF, I think a future add-on to our SEO plugin would be a good option, or even working with the author of ACF to help add the necessary filters to the main SEO plugin and the necessary code to ACF.

I’m splitting the discussion about a new SEO plugin into its own thread.

1 Like

@1stepforward - thank you for taking this on!

1 Like

Not sure if I’m brave or stupid. Probably both, :grinning: but I’m determined to make it happen.

3 Likes

If you will need any UI/UX comment, advice, etc., please ping me. I am not a developer or designer, but created many UI in my life. If my approach will fit your vision, I am more than happy to help.

4 Likes

Thanks for your support @LinasSimonis and I will certainly need help with the UI. I think version 1 is likely to be quite basic both in terms of functionality and UI but once the basics are sorted, then we’ll definitely need to look at the UI. I’ll be getting back to you at that point. Thanks again.

1 Like