ClassicPress Specific Themes

I wil definitely will.

1 Like

Thank You, Viktor for the explanation. So there are only paid themes available in classicpress or any option to use a free version? or any trial? As I am new to this so I just wanted to understand.

Thank you

1 Like

In ClassicPress there are some free themes (some available on the WP repository for now, some from github. I don’t know of any dev releasing a paid version yet. Basically any theme that works with WP 4.9 from the wp repo works on CP.
So you can visit the dashboard appearance menu and search for themes there (the ones that work are marked install the ones that do not are marked cannot install, so you can safely install the ones that work for CP).

1 Like

I have been swamp with a lot of stuff going on and I just want to mention that I develop free themes for everyone to use. @growmap, before I forget you can add Inheritance to the list. I made this theme while back and is CP specific.

1 Like

Hi @EthanBispo,

I am fairly new to CP as well and that is why I created this Wiki. None of the themes I listed are premium (paid) as far as I can recall.

Personally, I wanted to find the ones that are CP-specific because those are going to keep working. Over time, WP developers may drop support and then you have to change themes or pay someone to do it.

So I would go with the CP-specific themes if you can find what you want. If you know what you want, I suspect that @getkoded007 can tell you if any of his will work for you.

1 Like

I can say that the themes I have developed, currently available on the WP directory, are highly compatible with ClassicPress. In fact, I must say that I designed them specifically for ClassicPress and made them compatible with WordPress. :sweat_smile: Here they are: Xsimply and Analog

2 Likes

Thank you @iljester. I have added your themes to the Wiki.

1 Like

These are all free but I will be adding more over the next few months. Shop – ClassicPress Themes by TSW * There is a CP repo in the works. So once that gets going, maybe those who have compatible WP themes can port them over and make the appropriate alterations to make the theme CP ready.

*not affiliated w/ ClassicPress. I am somewhat involved with the Community and have high hopes for CP once WP gets too complex for people to use. I just grabbed the domain name while it was available.

1 Like

Thank you, Larry. I’ve added them to the Wiki.

My website is active with ClassicPress V2
The theme that I am using is the free version of LazyPress
It is working without any issues for me.

1 Like

Greetings,

First part related to the topic, I have tested a rather interesting mix of themes over the years (since Sept 2019):

I have a test site on ClassicPress 2.0, where I tested the Astra theme, also Rams, McLuhan, Hemingway themes from Anders Noren, Themes by Alx.media (Textdash and Boxcart),and Twenty Twenty One theme. The latter (not surprisingly) gave me “An error has occurred” output. So far I encountered no other issues with V2, in terms of themes, and I have been using for nearly a week since nightly version 12th July onwards (with daily updates).

Previously on V1.1 through V 1.3, I have tested out Neve, Hestia themes from Themeisle, ColibriWP, and Go Theme by GoDaddy as well a couple of names that have been mentioned earlier, in this discussion so will not repeat.

Yesterday I migrated a new blog site to V1.6 (McLuhan theme, xsimply was a close second!) which is a replica of the test site, I could have used V2 on the new blog site, but prudence trumps experimentation.

This being my first post in this forum, will stop here. A big thanks to the community and developers for the great work, hope to contribute in some ways in the times to come.

Regards,
-Vyas

1 Like

Thank you @Johnty and @avyas for your feedback. I’ve added the themes you’ve tested to this Wiki.

And welcome to the ClassicPress forums!

1 Like

May I also add - Stock WP Twenty Twenty theme… if I am not being too obvious here.
Works out of the box on V 1.6.2 and 2.0 Alpha. Can be customized to one’s liking. Thanks

While I was on the Anders Noren theme exploration trail- recalled he was I think the author/ designer for the theme. decided to give it a try on the test sites, and indeed the case.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. I’ve added Stock WP Twenty Twenty theme under tested with 2.0 section.

2 Likes

Hello Channel. Have added two new themes to my site directory with a couple new themes. To use these themes, feel free to download. Four of them are reviewed and listed in the staging directory of ClassicPress repo—which is not public yet.

Newest: Flexline - Versatile magazine style layout with two sidebars and flex container that puts main content at the top of page, regardless of screen size.

Visit: http://classicpress-themes.com/ and click on Themes!

3 Likes