ClassicPress tips, tricks, and tutorials!

Just a quick announcement that CodePotent.com is alive! It’s a ClassicPress resource site for tips & tricks, tutorials, articles…and my free plugins!

There’s 20 30+ articles…a little something for everyone. I don’t have many social followers, so… any shares of this Tweet would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

16 Likes

Looks good. Read a few articles and already learnt something new. You have done a great job and I’m sure the site will help a lot of people.

Volunteering your time and expertise to do this is a great indication of how selfless input, that doesn’t involve spending or asking for money, can make a world of difference.

It’s great to see people getting in on the ground floor of a new venture. I bet the same excitement existed when WP forked B2 in 2003. They have had their run, it’s time for a new kid on the block.

12 Likes

Thanks, @Mick – this is great to hear!

In time, I will create premium offerings to better sustain the effort. Nobody can survive on high 5ives and hugs alone. :smile: That said, there will always be a ton of free stuff – from articles to tutorials to plugins. I hope you find the site of use time and again!

I wasn’t heavily invested in WP in the real early days, but, I suspect you’re probably right.

3 Likes

Nothing wrong in that. Having something to sell, if people want it, can be the “meat & potatoes” that justifies the effort.

It is the free content, such as how-to articles, that attracts the visitors. They (we) learn something new and come back for more. Eventually we start to look at what you are also selling.

I think people understand that, and it’s only sites that try to use the “bait & switch” tactic that put people off.

5 Likes

If there are any particular topics that would of value (to anyone reading here) please feel free to comment this thread or message me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Your comments are not correctly showing the author names. Also you should put an effective date on your privacy policy otherwise it’s impossible for anyone to know you updated it.

2 Likes

Hi, @Aractus.

The author names are not shown to users who are logged out. I’m using the Username Protection plugin for this. I agree, the wording wasn’t ideal. I’ve updated the site to read a little better:

About the Privacy Policy, I’ve added an updated date to the end of it.

Thanks for your report!

2 Likes

Since this post, I’ve published a handful of long-form articles and tutorials. I’ve greatly appreciated the community support and sharing on social. :+1: Thank you!

Of course, there will be more to come, but, for those of you who are more interested in quick-tips, I’ve got something super cool headed your way. Stay tuned! :smiley:

9 Likes