Committee Meeting: October 23

I hope not. The whole idea of this method is that we avoid pitting people against those with whom they expect to work closely. It’s not the same as a political election.

If there are 9 spots and 9 votes per person, what happens if everyone votes for everyone?

1 Like

Oh OK! :slight_smile:

Well, theoretically there would be more then 9 choices - but technically someone could vote for less then 9.

Not sure I understand. Let’s say that there are 12 candidates. The nine with the highest votes are elected.

Lol, thanks. I had my wires crossed that there’d be 9 nominations…but, that was “spots”, not “nominations”. I’m back on the right page. :smiley:

1 Like

OK, I understand that and it makes sense.

But what is the eligibility criteria for candidacy and on what basis is the electorate expected to make decisions? Will each candidate have to provide a “manifesto”? :slightly_smiling_face:

Anyone can put themselves forward, or have someone else nominate them. They can say something about themselves, or about what they want to do with the ClassicPress project, if they wish to do so. But there will be no expectations of anything as formal as a manifesto.

2 Likes

Thanks Tim

1 Like

I think I can get a fairly reasonable assessment of people based on their replies on this forum. I may not “know” them, but their responses (and the way they respond) can reveal a lot about their general personality.

7 Likes

I agree with this. Over time, people prove themselves (or don’t) via their contributions to the project and the community – here on the forums, over on Slack, within Github…

7 Likes

…and out in the wild on our dotcoms. :smiley:

3 Likes

I just wanted to say that this thread right here is one of the reasons I love Classicpress so much. The word that springs to mind is transparency.

Though I don’t currently have the time to put my name into the ring for a management or committee role, I just wanted to send some applause towards those of you in these roles.

7 Likes

Yes, I agree. :100:

5 Likes

So, I think the next step here is to open up nominations to new committee members.

Any volunteers to collect nominations in a new forum thread? People should be able to nominate themselves or others, and if someone else nominates you, you should accept or decline the nomination.

Open question: who is eligible to be nominated? We’ve already decided that only users with trust level 2 and above can vote. I guess these are also the only people who should be nominated but I think that’s something we should clarify.

2 Likes

Man, the year has flown by! I agree that TL2+ would be good for nominations as it shows a good level of engagement/commitment.

2 Likes

I think we should have a Management Committee to discuss that very thing, and all related issues, such as voting period and mechanism.

Would Wednesday, November 6th work for everyone, at the same time as last time? Or would it be better to wait another week, until 13th?

1 Like

@Directors please indicate your preference(s) for meeting date:

Time would be the same as last time:

4pm GMT/UTC. (That is, for example, noon EST, 5pm BST, and 6pm in western continental Europe.)

• Wednesday, November 6
  • Wednesday, November 13

0 voters

FYI: Its CET now (GMT+1), CEST is over. The US switches in about 3 weeks.
Also see Daylight saving time by country - Wikipedia

1 Like

See now: Committee Meeting: November 6

3 Likes