Committee Meeting: November 6

There will be a meeting of the Management Committee in the #committee Slack channel on 2019-11-06T17:00:00Z2019-11-06T18:00:00Z.

To join ClassicPress on Slack please click here.

Everyone — not just Committee members — is very welcome to join us.

The agenda is as follows:

1. Agree period in which votes may be cast for election of members of the Management Committee (who will take up their positions on January 1, 2020)
  2. Agree method of voting
  3. Agree that Wade Striebel (as community team lead) should act as Chief Returning Officer, with responsibility for checking that there is no abuse of the voting system
  4. Agree mechanism and deadline for candidates declaring themselves willing to stand/run for election to the Management Committee
  5. Any Other Related Business*
  • Note 1: There are at least two items that will be tackled in future Management Committee meetings, namely the decision-making process with ClassicPress, and rules or guidelines about the use of the ClassicPress name and abbreviation CP. These items will not be addressed in item 5 above.
  • Note 2: There will be no discussion document for the above meeting.
8 Likes

I will not be available for this meeting as I have another meeting scheduled for that time. Will this be a regular meeting? If we could schedule the next few at least, I will be able to block time for most meetings, but the first Wednesday of the month at this time will always be problematic for me.

Thank you!

Based on previous feedback that Monday and Wednesday work best for current committee members, and the need to get the vote organized for the new committee in time for the New Year (which, in practice, means before the holidays), I just thought it made sense to get this one on the calendar asap.

Once the new Management Committee is in place, I think one of its first tasks should be to schedule some meetings. As you can see from my announcement, there are already two significant issues for the Committee to address.

1 Like

Agreed – and I fully support this committee meeting.

Wednesday meetings are generally only problematic if they are the first Wednesday of the month.
If I could reschedule the other meeting I would but it’s not my meeting and my attendance is required.

3 Likes

@timkaye you can use the built in time function to help across timezones :slight_smile:

I have edited the post, but here is how you can add them in the future:

Sorry, I know this has nothing to do with the meeting but it is good for everyone to know as well

5 Likes

Thanks for the tip, @wadestriebel!

2 Likes

Just pasting this link so it is easier to find when we meet tomorrow:

1 Like
7 Likes

I will be opening up a category today to allow for self declaring. The deadline, as discussed, to self nominate is November 20th.

7 Likes

Sorry couldn’t attend but would like to add a quick note here. In the UK we have the general elections on the 12th December and it might be a little too much “elections” for us :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Right! Forgot about those, we will see what everyone else thinks. We may just leave it as any later puts us too close to the holidays and new year :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I’m in the UK too and I think it’s fair to say the last 3½ years have been exasperating politically but I personally don’t think the ongoing pantomime in the UK should stop the CP “elections” from taking place. That’s my view anyway.

6 Likes

I did consider the UK election briefly, but didn’t really see how it would have much (if any) impact on CP. So I’m comfortable with what we decided.

1 Like

I doubt it matters… unless Boris is thinking of running for the committee.

4 Likes