Contacting One-Click install makers about ClassicPress inclusion

Now that V1.0.0 is out it may be time to revisit this topic?

I have just put a post on the Softaculous forum here to let them know we now have a stable version.

6 Likes

Very good! Has anybody on this forum already notified Installatron as well about the availability of CP v. 1? I will try to do it myself, but probably it would be good that they hear from “official” CP representatives.

1 Like

I did check out the Installatron process a while ago but it seems like it needs to be done via an official request, so maybe better if that came from a committee member (?)

2 Likes

I have just raised the issue of adding CP on the Softaculous forum again. This time I was told…

Hi,
We will add it when we get more request for the same. Also, it seems that there are very few stable versions released for Classicpress.

So, looks like they are holding off on this. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Has anyone approached Installatron yet?

2 Likes

I approached Installatron, but was completely ignored.

1 Like

I’ve just raised a ticket with them.

3 Likes

Hope you have more luck

2 Likes

I never got an emailed reply but I just checked my ticket and found this response:

Hello,
I’ve added it to a list of recommended apps that we keep internally. The next time we’re adding new installers we’ll have a closer look at it.
Cheers,
Rowan.

Probably worth keeping on asking them, to build some support for it.

2 Likes

I have just given Softaculous another nudge on their forum. I posted a link to James’ recent development report in the blog. If anyone else wants to add their voice it would be good to keep reminding them that CP is definitely a serious, long-term project.

3 Likes