Conversation with JustHost

ME: I would like to install ClassicPress, but it is missing from your Softalicious menu. Can you add it?

JUSTHOST: Sorry, classicpress.com is taken.

ME: no, I don’t want buy domain classicpress.com, I want to install ClassicPress. It’s not in your Softalicious menu. Can you add it?

JUSTHOST: We do not offer ClassicPress.

ME: Your sister company BlueHost has ClassicPress in their Softalicious menu. Can you add it?

JUSTHOST: We are not Bluehost. We do not offer that.

ME: sigh!

6 Likes

Thanks for letting us know :slight_smile:

I suppose your most viable options are to try to find a more clueful support technician or a better hosting provider.

3 Likes

Thanks James. The client had a JustHost account she wanted to use. I wanted to be a good citizen and let them know about the Softalicious problem, but the agent was clueless. :smiley:
I installed Wordpress and used the plugin to switch it to ClassicPress, so no problem.

3 Likes

It might also be fruitful to explain that they can actually add this to Softaculous fairly easily, it’s just enabling a setting on their end. The support ticket resulting from your conversation would need to be escalated to engineering.

Previous discussion with some more details about this process: ClassicPress sometimes isn't available in Softaculous

3 Likes

In that case it would probably be a good idea to do the part under “Step 1: Disconnect your current install” from https://www.classicpress.net/blog/classicpress-made-it-to-softaculous/. Otherwise, we have had some reports of Softaculous trying to handle WordPress updates and converting sites from ClassicPress back to WordPress.

3 Likes

Thanks, I’ll do that

2 Likes

Just to confirm, the issue with Softaculous has been resolved: Warning about Softaculous auto-update feature reverting CP to WP - #7 by Punit.

However, there still remains a similar issue with the WordPress Toolkit that now ships with cPanel: cPanel's WP Toolkit messing with CP files. I’ve been onto cPanel several times but they don’t appear to be in any hurry to fix it unfortunately.

3 Likes

I missed that, thanks for the update.

2 Likes