CP/WP default comment system

I work with a number of sites. In most I am the Admin contact. The default comment system uses the defined admin contact email for where to send moderation emails. For a single user blog that is fine, but for a company site one person or multiple persons may be dealing with comments. I have found no easy work around for that.

4 Likes

This sounds like a very solid idea to make a petition for!

2 Likes

I agree, maybe check out the petitions we currently have in regards to comments on CP. I am not sure if any of them do quite what you are looking for but you would be welcome to submit a new one :slight_smile:

Current Comment Petitions

1 Like

I added a petition " Comment system email and moderation for multiple moderators". It did not seem to address anything in existing petitions.

2 Likes

For faster navigation it is a good idea to post a link to the petition here.

1 Like

As @LinasSimonis suggested:

2 Likes

I think allowing multiple moderators is more plugin territory.
Have you looked around for something suitable?
You may need to adapt it though.

1 Like

I did a quick search but found nothing in the plugin world that seemed to address the issue. I will be looking further in the plug-ins and exploring how the comment system is coded into WP/CP

1 Like

I’ve always used the plugin Multi-Author Comments, which notifies multiple people when comments are made.

2 Likes

Thanks - I would probably never have found it if you hadn’t pointed it out. It may well do exactly what I needed.

2 Likes