Directors Added to ClassicPress Limited

Originally published at: https://www.classicpress.net/blog/2019/04/08/directors-added-to-classicpress-limited/

ClassicPress has, and always will be, a community-led project. My goal from the outset was to create a structure where democracy rules and no single person could change the direction of ClassicPress without oversight and checks and balances. It is therefore with great pleasure that I announce the appointment of three new Directors to ClassicPress…

12 Likes

Congratulations! All three of you deserve it! Nobody can argue against Wade’s activeness in the community, Michelle’s dedication to brand and marketing and James’ codewizardry. :wink:

10 Likes

Congratulations and thank you so much for all your work.

7 Likes

Congrats to all three highly deserving members of the CP community!

7 Likes

Just want to take a quick second to thank all of you for your work. I am the owner of a business in the middle of NOWHERE. Getting someone, to hire, that knows even a little about website’s is almost impossible. Found a few promising candidates, but thought it might be easier for the to learn a simple Vim along side me and a quick system program. Well, went to the other website, couldn’t even read anything. EVERY 20 seconds a popup “Call us now”. As a “REAL” business owner, this is my income. I WOULD NEVER put a potential customer through that. Then I find out about this fork. What a refreshing experience. You subjected myself to none of that. Kudos. All you need now , is a donate button!!!

10 Likes

@Stuach Great to have you here!

I know this feeling well! It took us three hiring attempts in the area (each time increasing the radius - on the final attempt we made it a remote job) to find a good candidate!

We have one, but it is kind of on the current site, but on the new site it will be much more visible!

Here is a link: https://donate.classicpress.net :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I am no young man by any means. 69yo this August. I thank the military for teaching me everything I know. But, I eat this stuff up. I live for it. You just made my life so much better, you will probably never realize.

8 Likes

Congratulation Michelle, James and Wade on the new appointment, but more importantly, thank you for the amazing work you have all put in. You, are the juggernauts of ClassicPress :smile:

7 Likes

Hey @Stuach, I’m glad we’ve been able to help you out!

Thanks everyone for the congratulations and encouragement. We are here to make ClassicPress a great platform for the businesses, professionals, and hobbyists in our community, and I’m glad it’s working so far.

12 Likes

Well done everyone :slight_smile:

It’s interesting (and encouraging) seeing how the organisation is taking shape.

7 Likes

Thanks to each of you for your support! We’ve come so far since we started just 8 months ago, and we’ve so much to celebrate – all because this community has come together to create something great. I’m excited for what comes next!

8 Likes